Getting An Axolotl!

They are gorgeous Jenste. At first I thought it was gravel but now I can see it's sand. Alex is currently in need of a clean out, they are messy so it's a real job to clean them. Be careful when cleaning them out, they tend to go for your fingers. Although their teeth can't pierce human skin they are venomous so I try not to let him get my fingers, just in case.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

i already got nipped and it scared the bejeezus out of me! I am used to my clawed frogs toothless nibbles and when I am cleaning the tank they usually hide anyways - Reese (the wild type) stalked up to me while I was pushing a decorating back into the sand and nipped my pinky! I shrieked (very high pitch and girly to my embarrassment) and jerked my hand out of the tank. Reese didn't even flinch and just turned to stare at me through the tank glass like, "yep, that was me. Now what?"

They don't tend to flinch but it can scare you. I've only had Alex nip my pinky once and that scared me so much that it woke my mum up(I was downstairs early due to not sleeping)!
Speaking of Alex, you don't mind me putting a recent photo or 2 up do you?

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

please do! I think alex is a cutie!

I measured mine today, Jellybean is just above 4 inches and Reese is actually closer to 5 inches - - that is large enough to be housed together, right?

please do! I think alex is a cutie!

I measured mine today, Jellybean is just above 4 inches and Reese is actually closer to 5 inches - - that is large enough to be housed together, right?

That is fine for them to be housed together, just keep an eye on them at first and if they don't do anything within the first few days they should be fine. Here's Alex's close up after a clean out earlier.
Photo1331.jpg

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

oh he is lovely!!! I will probably try them together some time next week - the next few days are pretty busy for me and I want to make sure I can observe them

oh he is lovely!!! I will probably try them together some time next week - the next few days are pretty busy for me and I want to make sure I can observe them

Unfortunately with Alex being albino and therefore being partially blind, he keeps running into the glass... I swear he's going to bruise his nose one day.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

P.S. Gotta go cos mum wants the comp so will either read your reply later or tomorrow.
See ya.

I'm proud to announce that Alex is 8 1/2" long! I measured him last night and that's his length.
Photo1357.jpg

Photo1359.jpg

Handsome boy in this one!

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

new photos of mine - they like looking at each other through the divider

013-25.jpg

005-12.jpg

019-11.jpg

017-18.jpg

023-6.jpg

025-6.jpg

026-7.jpg

024-7.jpg

028-5.jpg

I love the wild type. I would get another one but because for now 2ft is the biggest tank I have I can't :(
I've been thinking though, I'm meant to be getting a 3ft for my bedroom and I might move Alex into that while I raise a younger one in the 2ft, then I can slowly introduce them to each other in the 3ft. I'd love to see how they interact with each other in the 3ft but because by then Alex could be at least 10-11" long I'd have to grow the second one out or Alex might eat her. I do plan to breed them so I'd like a nicely coloured one, possibly a black one.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Due to an error on my photobucket account, my pictures have been replaced by the image "Deleted from photobucket" even though all of my photos are still on my photobucket account

Will be working to fix this!

Awesome mate, What are these fellers like to keep? Looking forward to seeing the pics :D

These little guys are great to keep - - very inquisitive. Over the summer I will be moving them from their juvenile 10 gallon to a 29 gallon. The larger of the two is just about 5 inches so they are still enjoying the smaller area

Most reactions

Back