German blue ram and electric blue always together.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Tropical Tony

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have 2 electric blue rams and a German blue ram in my tank. Iā€™ve noticed that one of the German blues and one of the electric blues are always together. They seem to chase the other electric blue ram away and sometimes chase other fish away too. They never chase eachother and are usually always together. Could they be pairing?

Thanks for the reply Colin. How long would it be before they starts spawning if they are pairing?

They're friends! Very close friends it would seem from Colin's reply.
My red tail shark and clown loach were the best of friends, I was a bit worried they'd end up making some unforeseen, god-awful hybrid if I wasn't careful.

There are two species of rams - Bolivian rams (Mikrogeopagus altispinosus) and rams (Mickrogeophagus ramirezi). There is only one type of Bolivian ram but there are several types of ram - these are all the same species but they have been selectively bred to get different colours, or different fin shape, or different body shape.
In the first post, the rams are electric blue and German blue which are just different colours of the same species.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back