General Maintenance Tips For Genesis Union Dual Gauged Co2 Regulator

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

EmmanuelleLi

Reaction score
[SIZE=16pt]Since some of my friends told me their CO2 regulator stops working after just few years or even few months. Here's some of my experience from my workshop people telling me that it's not the problem of the regulator but it's from the CO2 cylinder!![/SIZE]

Here under is a Genesis Union Dual Gauged CO2 Regulator as an example:
Screen%2BShot%2B2014-10-22%2Bat%2B6.23.32%2BPM.jpg

Since most problem of the regulator is caused by dirty CO2 cylinder, and CO2 stuck because dirt from cylinder somehow get into the valve. It can be easily solved by just cleaning it.

There's an electric coil inside of the valve and it turns magnetize to lift off the valve so that CO2 keeps supplying during it's turning on.

If you find the valve keeps supplying gas when power is cut off or gas not supplying when power is on, the first thing you can do is to clean that electric coil inside of the valve. Second, make sure there's not too much dirt inside of the cylinder.

Parts.jpg

The above picture shows which part needs to be cleaned. First, see if those rubber part ( C ) and (D) as shown on picture are in good condition, somehow there's dirt on the rubber part and it can't seal the hole (B) properly, that also cause CO2 keeps leaking after turning off the valve. If the rubber part is good and it's still leaking, you can check with the spring. If it's not working properly, stretch the spring a little bit. It helps forcing it back to seal the gas supply.

Also, see if there's any dirts in inlet (A) or outlet (B). Sometimes you can just simply clean those holes to make that valve working again.

I hope these information is useful for you ^^

Nice round about way to advertise a product :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back