G.gouramie Babies New Pics.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ooh, ooh, where in uk? :drool:

Just to the west of Cambridge. :) V.handy for me as I'm close to the A14, M11 etc. Makes getting everywhere real easy by car. :shifty:
In regards to Blue and BB, she's still holding the eggs!!! About a dozen times this morning she's been to BB, he starts to curl around her and she does a runner!! Then she goes back again!! :X Poor BB is getting very frustrated and yet he still hasn't hurt her in any way. :S Did have a go at Queenie though and Spot. :lol:
Just looked round at them all (Their tank is behind me when sitting at the computer) and all the girls were up next to BB's nest. They all started bickering and have taken out a portion of his almost permanent nest. :rolleyes: *sigh*
On the upside all the fry that had evaded capture in their tank have now moved to the fry tank so it's just the adults and bristlenoses now. And the two elusive oto's I rarely see.
Hugs,
P.
Edit:BB fully healed his fin within the week. With no meds or help from me. He truly is in tip top condition.

hehe sounds intresting theres some thing i have been curus about for a time now where you got the names for your fish cuz they sound crazy in fun way and strang to .........i just cant think up names for mine yet cuz well im not good at picking names the one fish that i do kind of have a name for is the one i tryed breeding he seem to get mean and gos a black color when breeding so i have nick name him the evil one :crazy: or the dark gourami its not a name just some thing i call him when hes breeding cuz hes mean to the female fish and looks evil cuz he gos black all most .........how did u find names for yours ??? :huh:

Lol awww but you have parents. ;) Or in the case of my kids...a parent. :lol:
At a push I'm happy to drive to some places not too far distant so long as petrol cost is covered.
Names. Ok mine all got their names as follows.
BB ~ I used to call him such a big boy. Being the rather clever and rather large fellow he is and excellent daddy too. And it got shortened to BB. I still think of him as the big boy so it works. And he really is a big boy!!
Queenie ~ She earnt her name by the way she was so proud after her first spawning. She was so chuffed she went back for more just as quickly as her body could produce eggs. :lol: She did this a few times until she became exhausted and I seperated her for a week of R&R. She's calmed down somewhat since but with her very bright colouring and bright, friendly outlook the names stuck.
Nursey ~ After discovering her actually taking care of one of Queenies large spawns she got nicknamed Nursemaid. Most females simply wouldn't do this but she would herd them around and watch over them, gathering them up at lights out so they didn't wander. :wub: Got shortened to Nursey. She's had fry of her own too now and neither her nor Queenie or Blue will touch the babes.
Blue ~ Simply because of her colouring. I have no pic of her but she really is stunning. Even her middle spots are a dark blue. She's a gentle, peaceful girl and gets very worried by the sheer size of BB. He adores her. And despite all the times she's gone to him to spawn and backed out at the very last second he has never taken a nip out of her. Am looking forward to her babies.
Spot ~ She's a pretty little brown girl with distinctive black spots that are perfectly round, hence the name. In the right light her anal fin shows signs of a touch of lilac on the edges. Something I only noticed recently.
Kinky ~ She doesn't live with the family group. She has a deformed spine which earnt her that name. But she's a lovely girl and an inner strength to rival any.
Most of my fish are named. And I have alot of fish. They've all earnt their names in one way or another. but I shan't go into all the others as they aren't gouramies.
Hugs,
P.

looked it up on www.theAA.com

To: Cambridge,Cambridgeshire
Distance: 67.1 miles
Time: 2 hr 2 min
Round Trip: 4 hr 4 min

:-( guess it's too far

68 miles in 2 hours!!!! :blink: I can do it in half that time!!! :lol: I swear the aa go a little slowwith their times. maybe to allow plenty of time for possible traffic or road conditions. Bygones.
Distance isn't too far for me. I love driving, but petrol cost would have to covered, as I stated before. And it wouldn't be just yet anyway as they're all still too young. I suggest you think it over and let me know closer to the time I decide they can start leaving home. :)
hugs,
P.

Edit:Blue has finally released her eggs!!! I can't tell whether the spawning was a total disaster or not yet. Certainly a good portion of BB's vast bubble nest was destroyed but there was plenty left also. Being that the eggs are always almost impossible to spot at this stage I'm not holding my breath. She is a good deal thinner having gotten them out but looks a little bruised (if that's even possible :lol: ). Otherwise she's fine. No tiredness or looking forlorn. Some of the girls look that way after a spawning. She's swimming around as though nothing happened. BB has had his dorsal fin ripped up again though. Been partially shredded poor chap. He looks more tired from it all then she does. Shall make sure he gets plenty to eat. At least the water change was done yesterday b4 they spawned so I can leave them in peace.

how much does it cost for 68miles in petrol?

At a guess £8. But my Dad is better at working out such things than I am. :lol:
My lucky fry had a load of live brine shrimp tonight. That was popular. :shifty: First lot I've managed to get since before Christmas so I got everyone some. :)
Hugs,
P.

hmm, and how many fish would i be getting for my £8? B)

Eeeee my babies are distinguishable as girls and boys now. Well the oldest anyway. Their finnage is markedly different now. The males have obvious long dorsals, just like their Daddy. :D He has a long pointed dorsal which means there's no mistaking him for a female, ever. :lol:
The pale babe is a male now his dorsal is extending gracefully.
All the gouramies are currently still getting along well, thankfully but I have plenty of spare tanks to hand if need be. Will advertise them for new homes soon. :)
Hugs,
P.

[quote name=''genesis' post='1030016' date='Jan 9 2006, 09:16 PM']
hmm, and how many fish would i be getting for my £8? B)
[/quote]

:lol: :drool: :hey:

^That would just be petrol, not the fish.

I did a tank clean yesterday and sorted out both the filters today. Discovered they'd been breeding on the quiet! :X There's 3 week old fry in their tank!! I know that by their size and the fact they're breathing air already. :lol: Not sure who Mummy is as yet as I haven't been able to give the babies a real good look since they disappear into the undergrowth rather quick. So far my guess is Spot but I'll hold judgement on that currently.
The oldest fry are truly big not and the males really need to move out. Sadly there seem to be little intrest from members of this site for them. :( So looks like I'll have to advertise them elsewhere. I really want the lfs to be the last choice as their fish seem to get stressed and die too much. :-(
Hugs,
P.

Hmmm, someone wants all my gourami babes! I'm highly suspicious of their intent and have said so. If they're on the level they won't take offense. I'm not having my babies fed to some big predatorial fish or whatever. :grr:
On the upside BB doesn't have any ulcers. He's still not well and has a little fungus on his side but the marks I thought were the start of ulcers have disappeared. Phew! The girls are sticking close to him all the time and he seems happy, if somewhat less active then normal. Shall just have to keep a good close eye on him.
He ate some baby food today (I mean fry food not human baby food!) as he likes that and he seems happier eating that right now then normal foods. Bless.
Hugs,
P.

Are you sure the person asking for all of them realises how many there actualy are? lol It seems somewhat ridiculous to take on so many - what are they going to do with them once grown? It's aggression and breeding that I'm thinking of, once they're mature :p. Anyway, I agree, I'd be somewhat suspicious and would also, perhaps, be a little worried as far as just how much research they've been doing goes. You are deffinately right in asking questions to make sure they aren't going to end up as predator food - I hope this person actualy is serious though. Then you won't need to worry about them going to an LFS etc. Good luck regardless!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back