G.gouramie Babies New Pics.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

They got back to me. Turns out they do know what they're taking on. Thankfully! And have no intention of them being used as food. They have 3 large tanks for them. They are quite local to me aswell and weren't at all upset by my e-mail of suspicion. :D Granted they could well still have problems but being that the babes are mostly female they should be ok.
Gonna have to go do a massive water change in the gourami adult tank today. BB has been busy in the night. His dorsal is a wreck. Think he tried to mate with all the girls at once by the look of him. :X Shall give a dose of melafix for a few days for his poor tattered fin after the large change (It's overdue for a big clean in there). I shall leave the recent babes in with the adults tho. They're far too young to be rehomed yet and tiny really still. Am looking to breed a pair of my bettas next, prob my CT's so the gourami fry tank will be in use for a bit.
Am glad all seems to have turned out ok for the youngsters. Just hope BB chills out and stops getting himself in tiffs and his fungal patch goes away.
Hugs,
P.

You've got quite the horny little guy there. I hope he feels better.

Good luck with your baby factory. Have fun cleaning. :)

My babies have all gawn to their new homes. Have kept only one from the orginal spawn as he/she (could be a late developing male judging by the dorsal) has turned out very pale, almost silver in colour but all the rest have now departed. I feel kinda sad. :-(
On the upside there are new babies in the adult tank now and groing well. And the gouramies fry tank will now be used as a betta spawning tank and once spawned the tank will be used for the fry to grow up until the males need seperating. But still feel saddened by seeing them all go. :(
Hugs,
P.

Most reactions

trending

Back