Fuzzy Dwarf Lion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smellyangryman

Moved On
Reaction score
I was just looking on liveaquaria.com and saw this awsome Dwarf Lion Fish.
I am thinking bout getting one after abit more research.
I dont actually understand the Compatibility chart.
So would it go with 2 Black and white Percula Clowns and a mandarin fish?
I would love one, i have a 50 gal tank.
More info would be good to :)

liveaquaria compatibility chart is crazy, don't use it. If your clowns are small and your lion is a good size, they'll be lunch. If they're fully grown and the lion is small, they *should* be ok. But absolutely no guarantees with lionfish.

Dont add a lion to the tank, anything that is almost the same size as the fish will be lunch!
If the fish is large (inteneded prey) then the lionfish might try to eat it and get the fish stuck thus killijng both the prey and predator

Dam thats sucks.
On All the reef sits have you been to most say they are peaceful but add with caution.

for example:
http://www.animal-world.com/encyclo/marine...ns/shortfin.php
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...?article_id=249

heres some info but i have also found some that say they will eat anything that will fit their mouth.

Now i am asking for anyone with experience to respond? Do lionfish eat small fish? are they aggressive?

Navarre, i have always trusted your info and will prob not get a lionfish in a hurry, but i would like to do futher research.

FROM EXPERIENCE

lionfish will eat anythign they can fit into their mouth. I had a lion-fish eat a red emporor before. it was also stated above that it will at least try and eat anything that it can fit into its mouth. I found that if the other fish is to big.. the lion doesnt die, it just eventually spits it out, after its grinded it along its inner teeth (not sure if teeth is the word i am looking for)

my lionfish only turned aggressive when his space was getting invaded. this was as he got bigger though. so over-all very docile until BAM... something just got eaten for lunch. also if picked on say by a trigger/puffer nipping at its tail I have seen my lionfish turn real mean real quick. so lion-fish are good with big giant other fish.

Do lionfish eat small fish?

Does the pope wear a silly hat?
Do bears crap in the woods?

Lionfish are predatorys animals and its their primary diet, these fish wont take flake food or pellets, they are going to need chuncks of fish to satisfy them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back