[Funny/Warning] Fishkeeping made me go blind...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The only thing i found funny was the complete irony of your moomin avatar with the eyepatch, next time check then shake, otherwise were gonna hear you a tap tap tapping at our chamber door with a white cane.

And lets not even go to electrocution, odds had a shock or two.......ouch :no:

Hey Vader.
Thanks for the warning, we all should be more carefull with chemicals. Takes a lot of nerve to tell on yourself.
I was laughing with you, until I had a mental picture of a blind person sitting in front of a beautiful aquarium full of fish.
Close your eyes and THINK ABOUT IT, folks.
Warning ? , Yep........................Funny ? Gotta be kiddn.
Best wishes for your eyesight
KF

I know how you feel, my mom was swinging around a cable on our tv, and the little wire that sticks out the end scratched right across my eye. Needless to say I didn't get to wear a cool eyepatch, just some big square of white gauze for three days... At least it was an excuse to wear sunglasses all the time....

Hope your eye gets better!

Getting chems in the eyes sucks and this I know well from a work accident. Getting sodiumhydroxide full in the face from opening a tank that was supposed to be filled with milk is a rude awakening. I survived with eyes intact thanks to good safety training and having a cold water hose not three feet from the tank that was not supposed to be in a wash cycle. The hour or saline caused some serious puffiness for a couple days. Not to mention the first aid shower in the lab in full cold thats about 5C or 41F. That followed by two weeks of salves and drops made for one sucky experience. Good luck with your eye. :crazy:

Sorry if i dont laugh and i can actually completely assoicate with you, though for me i was blinded in my left eye while fishing with my brother

You see, i like to keep fish and on the odd occassion go for a spot of fishing... Now i went with my brother fishing just over two years ago now, and stupid brother though 6 years older than me got his tackle caught in the reeds, so i went over to help him, now at this time he was using a pole and elastic tackle, now as i made my way over to him, he was yanking his rod, and just as i cross behind him the reed gave way... Being on elastic even Bruce Lee wouldnt hav had time to react, the lead shot weight on the tackle hit PIN POINT in the center of my left eye, instantly blinding me, according to my brother it happened so fast that i was standing for several seconds before dropping to the ground from shock...

Now i was rushed to hospital, and it turned out that i had a large amount of damage to the len in my left eye that it had instantanious caterack on it, and so on the 10th October i went in for a Op, they put in a artifical len to regain my sight, i calms doctors fears of a detached Retina after two week after the op when they took of the largest eye patch ever (Trust me, not even the biggest sunglasses could cover that eye patch), But the Op had dne its job and had given me back my sight (THANK GOD!) but with only one draw back, where i had 20/8 vision before, i now have 5/8 vision and can hardly see two foot infront of me, i had to learn to reconise people through the way they walk, and building and such through there shape, no easy job, i was also embarrassed when i actually got lost in my own town and had to phone me mate to help me... It really aint no laughing matter, sinbce no one can begin to imagine what it is like to be blind...

Plus also i went through my 18th Birthday half blind, you know how much that truely depressed me...

:(

I hope the doctors can help you like they helped me and the best of luck, you have my wishes towards getting your sight back

Invader675 said:
Fact: The first thing I said when it went in my eye was "Holy F'ing whooops a daisy!!"

If only I'd caught it on camera.
:rofl: I really didn't realise fish keeping was so dangerous. I hope your eye gets better soon & it's PH gets back to normal! :blink:

dude as you seem so keen to add stuff to your eyes i've heard peat and bogwood are good for lowering pH.
No seriously hope you get better.

it not funny its more stupid but a funny stupid atleast you didnt drink any my brother though it was soap wen he was little and he put it in my drink thankfull it was only a drop and i spit it out rite away i was still puking all that night though :X

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back