Fungus?

ddowling01

New Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
Hey,

I'm in my 2nd week of cycling my first tank, went out yesterday and bought 2 plants. One had a couple of brown spots on the leaves when I got it home, so i took the leaves off. Today I got in from work, turned on the light and my oxygen stone air pipe running up the back of the tank was covered in a white-stringy substance, and the plant had brown spots on most of the leaves!

I've scrubbed it off with an algae scrubber and i've removed the plant which had the brown spots on now, just to be on the safe side, but is there anything else I should do?
 
ID the plants, there's a high chance they are dying because they are non-aquatic or are species that have high demands (such as light, CO2 and other nutrients).
 
ID the plants, there's a high chance they are dying because they are non-aquatic or are species that have high demands (such as light, CO2 and other nutrients).

Hi,

I'll try my best, but doubt i'll have any luck! LFS said they would suit the tank and light that I have fine. Yet another lie from another LFS :(

Dan.
 
Can you post pics? Should be able to do some IDing for you :).

When it comes to plants, some LFS's lie, but most of the time it's just because they have no idea about plants :good:.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top