Fungus Id -possibly Causing My Fish To Die :( Help!

electric yellow

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
805
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Eastern Victoria, Australia
I was advised to ask this in here :)

I have been really stressed about my fish. One of my tanks has a weird black fuzzy fungus like growing in it. I have scrubbed it before and it just came back with vengence. My fish that were in that tank have been dropping off one by one and it seems that nothing can get rid of this fungus. I THINK it is to blame for the lack of health in my fish.

BUT not all of them are ill. The magority of them are healthy lil things. It just seems that there is something that is knocking them off one back one...

I have been to three of my aquairiums. All great reputable business's but they have turned around and said there is nothing wrong with my fish and its not the fungus killing em. Well its not the water quality...or all three of my tanks would be going down hill as badly as this tank.

Im lost with what to do. So today I transferred the fish into another tank which is well established. I found lil white spots on one fish...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS???

How di I handle it? How do i stop my fish from dieing :( :(

Tomorrow I am draining the tank, soaking the gravel, throwing out the filter and starting it from scratch because it looks like it is the only way i will get rid of this stuff...do you think it could be responsibe for making my fishies ill??

Here are some photos of the fungus which may help id it...

As you can see its soft of fluffy in appearance.

DSC01082.jpg



DSC01084.jpg



DSC01085.jpg
 
Colin t replyed saying its black bearded algae.
<a href="http://www.fishforums.net/content/Tropical...oing-Thin-Help/" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/content/Tropical...oing-Thin-Help/</a>

Taken fron the link.
the black fuzzy fungus in the tanks sounds like beard or black brush algae and is a pain to get rid of. But it shouldn't cause any problems ot fish.
When the fish are better try adding a few shrimp to clean it up.

If you do decide to add the shrimps like colin said you can't add them till the whitespot med is out.
Good luck.
 
I was advised to ask this in here :)

I have been really stressed about my fish. One of my tanks has a weird black fuzzy fungus like growing in it. I have scrubbed it before and it just came back with vengence. My fish that were in that tank have been dropping off one by one and it seems that nothing can get rid of this fungus. I THINK it is to blame for the lack of health in my fish.

BUT not all of them are ill. The magority of them are healthy lil things. It just seems that there is something that is knocking them off one back one...

I have been to three of my aquairiums. All great reputable business's but they have turned around and said there is nothing wrong with my fish and its not the fungus killing em. Well its not the water quality...or all three of my tanks would be going down hill as badly as this tank.

Im lost with what to do. So today I transferred the fish into another tank which is well established. I found lil white spots on one fish...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS???

How di I handle it? How do i stop my fish from dieing :( :(

Tomorrow I am draining the tank, soaking the gravel, throwing out the filter and starting it from scratch because it looks like it is the only way i will get rid of this stuff...do you think it could be responsibe for making my fishies ill??

Here are some photos of the fungus which may help id it...

As you can see its soft of fluffy in appearance.

DSC01082.jpg



DSC01084.jpg



DSC01085.jpg
I agree with them, it sounds like the whitespot is the problem and not the black algae. Good luck with treatment.
 
Don't scrub the tank out unless you really want to. Try treating the fish for whitespot and once they are better, then do a few water changes and add some shrimp. They should clean up the algae.

You will need to treat any tank that had sick fish put in it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top