Fun Facts We Didn't Need To Know

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

YUCH but many 'OLD' cures are still used today. For example the local VA hospital still uses maggots to fight extremely severe infections. Seems that the beasties will only eat the dead tissue. Actual fact. Maggots are still used to fight infections and they do a pretty good job.
Yup! They the maggots only eat the rotting/bad flesh, so when their done, the wound is cleaned and the maggots are removed. It's gross but works well

Interesting fact...

It's very easy to mispronounce organism when reading your biology book out loud

Just stating a fact.... I haven't done it or anything :whistle:

Listen, it's a dangerous word for me to pronounce 😂
I have adhd, so my brain goes super fast reading the page and my mouth tries to keep up... I get my Ns and Ms mixed up lot, and if I'm quickly reading through, my mind sees portions of words and my mouth just flows with whatever it thinks is right.
I don't want to say I have dyslexia as I'm not diagnosed for it, but I make a lot of reading errors, I forget things I read quickly. To the point I have to re-read an entire page cause I forgot the entire page.
Letters almost seem to mix up in my brain as well, so reading through things is hard.
That specific word is really hard, cause the whole word to me scrambles in my mind 😭

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back