Fuming

letter from paypal

Dear Sarah **** (just removed my surname)

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favour.

We were able to recover 63.00 GBP, and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five working days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.


The seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, so please be assured that we have taken appropriate action
against the seller's account, which included limitation , removal and
black listing of seller's account .
 
The thing I always keep in my mind about ebay is that sometimes things sell for a lot less than you expect. The flipside is that sometimes things sell for a lot more than you expect!

I've looked at a lot of tanks on ebay and sometimes they go for stupid money. Well over the odds.

In this case the seller is in the wrong. You have won a tank at a bargain price. There are a number of steps the seller could have taken to avoid selling so low. People have mentioned starting at a higher amount or by setting a reserve. I'm also guessing that you're a reasonable guy and if he would have contacted you, then you could have come to some agreement. Infact if he was that bothered he could have requested to cancel the item as 'damaged, not as described.'

It's sellers like this that give ebay a bad name. I buy and sell masses of stuff on ebay. 99% of the time with no problems.
The biggest problem I've ever had is an argument over p&p charges.
I always weigh items then calculate postage then add an additional amount for the packaging. Normally something like 50p - £1 depending on size and the packaging required.

I sent out an aquarium bridge I didn't want (unused still with price tag) I charged the exact amount for postage plus £1 because I wanted to get it well packaged so it didn't break. When the parcel got there they wanted a refund as it siad on the label £1 less than they had paid. Could I explain? Nope lol.
I simply don't sell/buy to/from users with less than 5 feedback anymore.

This sounds a bit sinister too, but I always try and see what someone with low feedback has been buying. If it's been really cheap items and suddenly there trying to purchase something from me with a few 0's on the end I'm wary. I contact them and try and et a feel for the buyer.

This is most unfortunate with your tank. In an ideal world the seller should be made to complete the transaction by ebay, but to be honest I've never found them very helpful. The tank will most likely end up back on ebay on one of his friends ebay accounts with a reserve or a high start price.

Don't get disheartened though. There are still bargains to be found between genuine ebayers!
John.
 
This is when ever i buy something that is collection only i make sure i pay on the day of collection, two reasons.... 1. that sort of grief getting money back doesnt happen and 2. no fee's are included for either party. But this is the thing paypal have recovered a certain amount of your money how long will it take to recover the rest?, aslo paypal have no control over ebay listings unless you pay with paypal so the OP is basically ' up s**t creek, without a paddle!) when it comes to his actuall rights and that is a shame really specially when you get your hopes up and somethink like this happens :(
 
Luckily I have not sent any money, that is something I never do untill I have had contact with the seller.

In this case I had a feeling that something like this would happen. Generally I ahve had no problems at all on Ebay, but we will wait and see what happens later today.

Anyway I am thinking of my next tank now a 6 x 2 x 2 !!!
 
This is absolutely disrespectful for you.

I have bought and sold plenty of things on Ebay, and if you buy something, than that person is obligated to sell it to you, unless you two come to some agreement.

I would Vtec his face! LOL :lol:

Vtec = (Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control, which Honda engines have.)

I just had to say that!

-FHM

How exactly does vtec apply to this text? Vtec isnt a verb, its a noun. :blink:
 
This is absolutely disrespectful for you.

I have bought and sold plenty of things on Ebay, and if you buy something, than that person is obligated to sell it to you, unless you two come to some agreement.

I would Vtec his face! LOL :lol:

Vtec = (Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control, which Honda engines have.)

I just had to say that!

-FHM

How exactly does vtec apply to this text? Vtec isnt a verb, its a noun. :blink:
Thats what makes it so funny!

I just had to say it.

I am sorry, if you all knew what Vtec was and how it worked, you would all be cracking up right now! :lol:

Also, Vtec in the engine is an 'action' more than a thing.

"Oh, Vtec just engaged!"

-FHM
 
The guy has done it again!!! I received a message from ebay informing me that they had taken steps against this guy. I went on his profile and noticed that his ebay rating had dropped again, I have looked at the comments and he sold the tank again this time it reached £37 and he refused to sell.

Lets hope ebay throw the idiot off this time
 
The guy has done it again!!! I received a message from ebay informing me that they had taken steps against this guy. I went on his profile and noticed that his ebay rating had dropped again, I have looked at the comments and he sold the tank again this time it reached £37 and he refused to sell.

Lets hope ebay throw the idiot off this time

What little ..................., Man that makes me upset!

He has it comming for sure, he is not going to be on ebay much longer!

Well, I know how vtec works. Still dunno how the switching between 2 camshaft lobes relates :lol:

:lol:

Vtec = more power (obviously), so .... I would 'Vtec' his face... lol.

We say it all the time on the car forum I am on, :lol:

The meaning of it is to sound funny, more than having a direct relation with anything.

:lol:

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top