Fuming

degsod

Fish Addict
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
723
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Merseyside, UK
I won a fish tank on Ebay for £23 a few days ago, I have been trying to get in touch with the guy to arrange payment and collection.

Finally got a message back from him today:-

"get lost you ent geting it that cheap mate"

I have reported him to Ebay, How rude!!
 
That's seriously out of line. If he wanted more he should have set a reserve on it. And I'd tell him so if I were you. Good for you for reporting him, hopefully Ebay will get it sorted. Wether you will get the tank is questionable, but if nothing else the guy should be banned from selling for a while and reminded of the terms Ebay sets for selling.

Out of curiosity, what sort of tank was it?
 
the sad thing is, even if they do ban his account, he can just set up a new one. The chances of getting the tank are next to zero. It's a sad state of affairs, but there's not much you can do. (Jeez I sound like Marvin the paranoid android!)
 
Ring ebay up - Talk to them, when they offer a discount voucher, say 'thats not going to get the tank is it it cost me £23 not £(what ever they offer)

then they will offer you more money on a voucher.

but yeah, stuff like this really annoys me. if they dont know how to use ebay they shouldnt use it at all!
 
I forgot to add that I did email him back and said he should have put a reserve on it.

The tank was a 180l tank on stand with heater and filter, I was expecting to pay about £75 for it.

I don't think I will get the tank, but I am more annoyed about his Get Lost attitude, insted of saying sorry mate I can not really let it go for that amount I forgot to put a reserver etc. Although I am still in my rights to ask for it at that price I might have offered him some more.

Some people are just ignorant and he will get what he deserves.

Thanks for the tip young fisher, I will give Ebay a call
 
Does any one have a number for Ebay, I have looked on the site in the contact us part but can only seen an option for email.

Thanks :-)
 
He didn't even have to set a reserve. I personally don;t see the point of a reserve, apart from frustrating people as it's hidden.When the auction is created, just set the price at the lowest you will go, then if your not prepared to pay that don't bid.

I'd be gutted aswell if i'd won it then got a message like that. I remember selling a processor for a laptop, went for 99p lol, but still sent it even though I wanted it to go for more.
 
Does any one have a number for Ebay, I have looked on the site in the contact us part but can only seen an option for email.

Thanks :-)

you only have a personal customer service number if ebay give you one
it will be on your myebay page
otherwise you have to use the email service

i have one cos i been with ebay for nearlly 9 years
 
Charming lol.
Never bought or sold anything on ebay. Sounds like more trouble than its worth.
 
Does any one have a number for Ebay, I have looked on the site in the contact us part but can only seen an option for email.

Thanks :-)

you only have a personal customer service number if ebay give you one
it will be on your myebay page
otherwise you have to use the email service

i have one cos i been with ebay for nearlly 9 years


got ebay home page and there should be a number on the front page along where the categories bar is under the advanced search button

020 8080 2105 thats not the number i got but that should put you through to main customer support
 
He didn't even have to set a reserve. I personally don;t see the point of a reserve, apart from frustrating people as it's hidden.When the auction is created, just set the price at the lowest you will go, then if your not prepared to pay that don't bid.

I'd be gutted aswell if i'd won it then got a message like that. I remember selling a processor for a laptop, went for 99p lol, but still sent it even though I wanted it to go for more.

I couldn't agree more, I would do the same thing if I sold anything and it went for only a few pounds, I beleive that if you agree to sell something for a price you should keep to that price, even if some else offers more.

But its obvious that there are people out there who don't give a sh*t

0208 080 2105


Thanks, I will give them a call when I get home tonight. I will let you know how I get on.

Like I say I am more annoyed by his flippant message than anything else.

If I do get a voucher off Ebay I will donate it to one of the charity options you get on some purchases.
 
Is he a new seller. he might not of know about the reserve.
I can see why he's mad as I would be. But he could of replyed nicely saying he was shocked what the tank went for. And replyed nicely saying he canceling due to not getting emough money for the tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top