Fry With Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Reaction score
well, i was just wonderin wud a 21 litre hexangonal tank with a betta be safe anuf to house my new livebearer fry. there's a kind of artifical java moss ball that i bought a while back which might help because it was suggested by a member of staff at my local pet shop its got a hollow center in which the fry can get through and hide in

cheers

well, i was just wonderin wud a 21 litre hexangonal tank with a betta be safe anuf to house my new livebearer fry. there's a kind of artifical looking java moss ball that i bought a while back which might help because it was suggested by a member of staff at my local pet shop its got a hollow center in which the fry can get through and hide in

cheers

Well, back in the day when I had a community tank I had around 20 molly fry in a floating breeding trap. In the morning I had around 2-3 left in the trap plus one sick looking Betta. The Betta died around 3 days later!

You've be very, very lucky if the betta doesn't try to eat them and if he does you'll be very, very lucky if he doesn't over eat and get rather ill.

Marimo balls do NOT have a hollow center unless they are the size of a basketball

lol,,,, and yeah if you took the batta out and leave only the fry they should be fine with adaquate filtration/heating

Hi JohnRossDele :)

Any fish that is large enough to swallow little guppy fry will do it including the mother guppy. You can't depend on them avoiding the bigger fish by hiding.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back