Fry and Dry foods...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

noheasurfer

Reaction score
When can baby bettas eat dry foods? im sick of ordering baby brine shrimp and micro worms!

for the entire first month, they'll pretty much only take live food. After about 6 weeks or so you can start trying to take them off it. But don't give dry food, give frozen.

Why do you have to keep ordering microworms? You should be able to keep the culture going yourself if you're doing it right. As for the BBS, buy a larger amount then you don't need to keep ordering it. I have a small coffee can size in the fridge, it'll last me over a year (probably alot longer).

The longer you can keep the fry on live food the faster and stronger they will grow.

Linda

why are you sick of it? this is your first spawn....this is why we recomend you read up on breeding before doin this.

But on to your question. I have my fry eating dry food at about a month on my first spawn. I have a filter in my tank and it cause a bit of turbulance, I put the food in the little bit of turbulance and the food moves a bit. the fry attack it. I always still feed MW during this time along with decapped eggs. Now my first fry will eat anything thrown in front of it ..... My second batch is starting to take live food also , I but a food made by azoo called artificial artemia and enhanced with vitamins and minerals. They love it.

the skunk said:
im sorry to say if you dont offer fry live food , dont breed bettas :)
Dude, i DO feed them live food i JUST said i was sick of ordering them... GET IT STRAIGHT

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back