Frogs and Salt/Coppersafe

squirrelrabbits

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have two DAFs in a tank with some platies and one of the the platies has developed a fungal infection. Can the DAFs tolerate full or partial does of salt and/or coppersafe? Thanks.

My ADFs have been fine with doses of salt up to 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. I usually don't use the full dose of that...usually about half that. But I've had them in slightly salted water for months now and never had a problem.

Don't know at all about Coppersafe.

If you want to use the Coppersafe, it may be worth it to either quarantine the Platy or separate the frogs.

Hi squirrelrabbits :)

If your ADFs are not sick, do not treat them with any medications. They are not tolerant of many of them. If you are in doubt, either separate them or contact the manufacturer for advice before using any product.

Why not take advantage of this to set them up in their own little home. They will do fine in an unfiltered gallon or two of water, where they will not have to worry about fish eating their food or catching fish diseases. :D

inverts are very copper sensitive.. you dont want any meds or fertilizers with copper in them. as for the slat it probably wont have any immediate adverse eefects but over time will be harmful as the frogs have a tough time excreting the salt. it can build up over time in their systems an kill them. i'd say no to salt and no especially no to copper.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back