Freshwater flounder and GSP

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ingo_1978

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have a GSP housed with 5 BBG, I am going to need to raise the S.G. to 1.010 and upwards as my GSP is reaching the 2" mark. Therfore sadly I will have to take the BBGs back to the LFS, unless anyone on this board wants them (Leicester, England).

I have been looking up fish that I could house with the GSP. Knight Goby was an option but feel there would be conflicts as they share the same strata and as far as I know doesn't go fully marine. All other fish I have come acroos grow too large.

This brings me to the freshwater flounder which I beleive like the the GSP they start in fresh and make there way the sea (according to the fish index here) and being bottom dwelling I would think it would go un-noticed by the GSP (hopefully).

Just wondered what others thoughts on this combo would be or should I just keep the GSP on his own :(

It should be fine, i have a couple of flounders in with my GSP and there have never been any conflicts.

not sure about the full marine bit but don't put any small pipes in there, my flounder decided to wedge it's self in a tube, bent it's sides up and never recovered dieing a few days later...

I would see the puffer picking on anything sedentary. You just never know w/a puffer, especially as it gets larger--& meaner.

As long as you have at least a inch of sand for the flounders to burrow in the puffer shouldnt even be aware they are there, flounders are pretty much nocturnal and hide all day.

Most reactions

trending

Back