Free Swimming Orange Chromide Fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow they are so small! Hope the majority make it, are they (and parents) alone in the tank?

Wow they are so small! Hope the majority make it, are they (and parents) alone in the tank?
There are other Chromides and a halfbeak in with them. Worried about moving the halfbeak because he is a bit more delicate than the others. I did remove the Molly and the guppy, though.

Mom and dad periodically push all the babies back into the pit.

Turn your phone on its side so it's horizontal and the video will fill up the entire screen instead of having black bits on either side.

Good job with breeding them :)

Turn your phone on its side so it's horizontal and the video will fill up the entire screen instead of having black bits on either side.

Good job with breeding them :)
Thank you! I hope I can raise them all to full growth, but we'll see.

My fry have left the pit! Well, some of them. Others are not quite ready, but working on it.

Thanks for sharing.
Parents look so sweeeet, can tell they trust you but they are still concerned!
Adorable ♡

So... mom and dad ateball of the babies once they were free swimming. Just saw one of the parents eat a baby when I got home from work. I will have to remove the fry next time. *sigh of frustration *

So... mom and dad ateball of the babies once they were free swimming. Just saw one of the parents eat a baby when I got home from work. I will have to remove the fry next time. *sigh of frustration *
Wait, they spit it out. Fish are so confusing.

They are cleaning the fry and they usually move them into a new nest by carrying them in their mouth.

If the parents actually eat numerous batches of fry, then separate them, but they normally make good parents and take care of the young. They might have a few hiccups with the first 4 or 5 batches, but they usually learn not to eat the young.

Most reactions

trending

Back