Free Fish Tanks/Aquariums?

aqua.land

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently been hoping to get a medium/small-sized aquarium, because I am hoping to hatch some more triops and maybe get some shrimp.
All the aquariums that i find online are extremely expensive, and the secondhand ones on ebay/preloved are either too big or too small.

Does anyone know where you can get a free tank/aquarium? (it doesn't have to be very very good)
Thank you.

FishkeeperLinz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently been hoping to get a medium/small-sized aquarium, because I am hoping to hatch some more triops and maybe get some shrimp.
All the aquariums that i find online are extremely expensive, and the secondhand ones on ebay/preloved are either too big or too small.

Does anyone know where you can get a free tank/aquarium? (it doesn't have to be very very good)
Thank you.
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

To be honest, I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect a free tank, unless you happen to come across one on the street, or a relative/friend is getting rid of theirs.

What size are you thinking of? If you just want a plain tank, a 25ltr/40*25*25cm Diversa tank is £26 on eBay/Amazon. There's a 17ltr for £22, on the Pets at Home website, and my 53ltr cost me £43, plus £4 for delivery.

OP
aqua.land

aqua.land

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Thank you.

Yes, I agree...
I knew someone who had a free tank but they smashed it up before I had the chance to ask...
Thank you, I'll have a look at them.

First I was thinking of a 10 gallon tank but now I'm thinking something smaller, maybe 17ltr to 40ltr.

PheonixKingZ

Fish Gatherer
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Look on Craigslist (Or on Gum Tree in your case)

I have found several free fish tanks on sights like that. Just look around and see if you can strike a deal.

OP
aqua.land

aqua.land

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Look on Craigslist (Or on Gum Tree in your case)

I have found several free fish tanks on sights like that. Just look around and see if you can strike a deal.
Thank you!
Yes, craigslist isn't very popular in the UK...

OP
aqua.land

aqua.land

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
That's a good idea!
The one I usually go to is Pets At Home, and its massive! I'm scared to ask as all the stuff is very expensive...
However I'm pretty sure there is a store specially designated for fish which will have some cheap ones,
Thank you!

PheonixKingZ

Fish Gatherer
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
That's a good idea!
The one I usually go to is Pets At Home, and its massive! I'm scared to ask as all the stuff is very expensive...
However I'm pretty sure there is a store specially designated for fish which will have some cheap ones,
Thank you!
No problem! Good luck. ;)

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days