Four Unexplained Deaths. (pics Included) *update*

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WELL WERE SUROUNDED BY WATER :p

Copper pipes maybe if your using hot water the pims would be first to suffer.

Defo try Malawi Keepers it`s not very busy as forums go but the advice is spot on.

I think I`ve got aquatic hypochondria after reading the emergency section on here, I`m convinced one of my fish is ill.

I think we have touched on all possabilities, your not a novice and appear to have kept a good routine with your fish, if you have been doing a 50% water change then maybe you should stay with that. I think you have more than likely picked up some dodgy fish and you should be maybe looking at introducing some kind of medication, god only knows what!!!!

we have some of the most beutiful natural springs and rivers in the world :nod:

AND IT COULD BE WORSE THAN BEING STUCK ON AN ISLAND, WE COULD BE ATTACHED TO YOU :p

I just wanted to tell everyone I appreciated their help the other day, I was really in a panic. Wilder was able to help me find out what I believe was the problem:

The third type of infection produced by Aeromonas is by no means the least. This form is often the most virulent (potent) and can be rapidly fatal. This insidious form does not produce any noticeable external ulcers. The most notable feature is a behavioral change in which the infected fish generally become listless and lethargic. Some fish may lose color or appear darker. The fish do not feed, frequently seem off balance and may sink to the bottom laying on their sides. The course of the disease is rapid, and by the time the behavioral changes are noticed, the entire population of a tank may succumb, sometimes in a day or so. This is an internal infection, with the bacteria being found in the kidneys and blood of these fish. The bacteria produce potent toxins that account for the severity of the disease.

I'm now on day three of treatment with tetracycline and it seems to be going well. Altogether I lost, 3 pim pictus, 3 l. caeruleus, 2 p. acei, 1 demasoni, it was awful, but everyone is getting their appetite back and as long as I don't have any major ammonia or nitrite spikes from the tetracycline killing the bene bac., everyone left should survive.

So thanks again everyone for being there for me.

Well done for getting to the bottom of it and letting us know what it was.
Hope the rest make a recovery soon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back