Found a use for those pest snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not sure whether snails can be relied upon to produce enough waste to cycle a tank. If you kill them all they will produce an ammonia spike (poor buggers) but no long term benefits. Danios are good to cycle with if you must but I would recommend a fishless cycle as the most reliable and least cruel method.

Snails will work. Just monitor your water levels to see how long it takes and don't forget to make sure they have something to eat.

lol i rember that when i put them in i rushed and got all that i could find out them affter some thought i just put some snail back in with a alge covered orniment from my 10 galon actualuy comeing on my 1 anerverys of getting my fish hehehe now im movin the into a large 20 gal but man im worryed bout my fish im so attached dont want to send the in to an uncycled death trap :crazy: nevere moved fish before

If you have another, established tank, just move some of the filter media and/or gravel to the uncycled tank and add a couple of fish. You'll get an instant cycle.

gasp thank you i just took your advise :thumbs: and well i found out my ten gallon filter was cloged :eek: you saved there life also im out of activated carbin :X movin my fish soon as i can 4 - 5 fish a ever other day

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back