For The.. Grr! Kitten Is Bringing In Shrews!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sven_sol

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

we've recently introduced a kitten into our lives. in August (i think) Cefur came and joined our other house mates (a snake and many fish :)), since then our leather sofas and Linn speakers have been "personalised" by our little furry bundle of joy :blink:

The last two weekends he has brought in at least 4 shrews a day.. babies, adults, male and female, alive and dead... as cat

Right.. interrupting this post, just brought another in, this time a baby and its alive. It escaped him and now its somewhere in the lounge! Behind the sofa. 9am!!

Even with a collar with a bell on there, he STILL keeps bringing them in!!

is there ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL I can do !!?

He's about 1 year old and is now a eunuch.

I'm going mad :crazy:

help :-(

There is some sort of device available that fits on their collar and makes a noise when they go to pounce.....although I have heard tales of cats abusing this by pouncing on the bed and setting it off deliberately to wake their slaves up :rolleyes:

alarm clock link for info only - never used this company myself

or there are bibs.....make your cat a laughing stock??? (or maybe they would flick it round and use it as a cape)

As for the sofas we stopped that by buying cardboard scratching posts made by four paws. our pair of masters prefer them to both their normal scratching posts.

scratchy scratchy link for info only - never used this company myself.

He is bringing you presents and contributing to the household food mate. Not sure what you can do really. I have heard congratulating them is a way of enabling them to feel a little more relaxed and not under obligation to contribute so much I know it sounds weird but I do that with ours and she rarely if ever brings stuff in the house.

Personally if it were my cat bringing in shrews I would seriously consider keeping it indoors, especially in the evening.

hes bringing you presents cos he loves you.... show him the interflora website :lol:
:lol: :lol: you get good discounts on there at times.

Mine used to bring in frogs when she had her kittens for them to learn their skills, one dd some serious damage to her left eye once. and they scream like you never heard before when they are scared. the frogs that is.

that bib, is quite possibly the funniest thing I have seen in a while!! brilliant!!! I might just get him one!! hahahaha!!

well, total body count for the day is 5. its odd seeing a shrew fly around the garden, he's getting a good 4ft off the floor throwing it around. might have to try the "good-kitty-what-have-you-brought-us-this-time?" approach.

he's only ever out during daylight hours, and only when we're in. he's still young, so I still worry about him being out. We have fields out the back so he's normally gone for a while - i can only assume in the hedgerows (you should see the state of him sometimes!)

I managed to trap the baby shrew that was behind the sofa and freed him into the field, hopefully to survive another day.

I suppose we could always feed them to our snake of course!

he's still young, so I still worry about him being out.

You should....we dont know if our female Mika fell badly or got struck by a car, but to have a metal plate put in, left to fuse the ankle solid and then taken out again after when she got in a cat fight and the skin over said plate was damaged and would not cover it anymore has cost our pet insurers £3k to date :crazy:

Mind you dont think ours bring wildlife back to share - if they can its straight under the bed with it - normally the first we know about it is the cheaping noise the birds make. To be fair we have only three birds in two years (touch wood).

hi

you could try planting cat nip in the garden the cats love it and the rodents associate its smell with big cats lol

That's a good cat, takes care of vermin. Eventually you will run out of shrews.

haha.. supercat!! :good:

He's only brought the 2 shrews in today, must be finding it hard to find them now.

cefur.jpg

haha.. supercat!! :good:

He's only brought the 2 shrews in today, must be finding it hard to find them now.

cefur.jpg

my cat always gave me presents... but i was always sad about how they were dead and punished her...soo now she brings me them still alive.. rabbits, squirrels,chipmunk/grinny,moles,mice,birds....and she releases them in the basement and watched them until i came ant took them to the woods... but at least they survived! :rolleyes: lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back