Food Brands

chibi

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Baltimore, MD
What is your favorite fish food brand? Any one you're partial to?

My fish love Hikari. I like it because it's not too expensive, it comes in a variety of types and they seem very dedicated. :)
 
Omega One. Lots of FRESH SEAFOOD, a little amount of starch and has a protein binder insted of a starch binder and also has a variety of flakes , pellets, etc.....
 
I use all sorts. King British flake, Hikari flake (I nicked off KathyM), Tetra Prima, Hikari Gold cichlid pellets, Nishi cichlid pellets, Hikari plec wafers, Tropical plec wafers (my favourite - well, not mine - you know what I mean!), King British catfish pellets, some brand of bloodworm I cant remember, various Ebay sellers shrimp/mussell/squid pellets...etc etc. Along with fresh veggies and stuff (from Morrisons LOL).
 
My fish only eat the best - Omega One!
I agree with fishkiller_nomore, just compare the ingrediants to your regular run off the mill fish food and you'll see the difference.
 
Mostly live home raised live foods, and organic veggies. But I use Tetra if any. After this post I will def start comparing ingrediants though :good: I doubt Tetra Is the best for my fish but its the most commanly sold here in california.
 
i use tetramin and wardleys shrimp pellets and bloodworms. for the fry i use hikari small bites. tetramin is nice because it bring out the colors and i like the shrimp pellets by wardley because they dissolve fast so my clowns don't inhale the whole pellet :sick:
 
our fish love hikari catfish & algae tablets & micro pellets, other staples are king british flake & tubifex cubes & king british tablet treats, nutrafin spirulina algae flake food & tetra variety wafers also never last long. i think the favourite all time tables was nutrafin catfish tabs but i havent been able to get them for a long time.
basically i think our fish just love their food!!!! any food!!!
 
Check the ingreadients of omega one and hikari and see the difference. Hikiri uses a starch bond and just about everything says fish meal, shrimp meal, which means it is a small amount of shrimp and a lot of starch. And when the food hits the water the protein,etc..... comes out of it. If I dont use Omega One( out of cash) I will use Tetramin. But I still think Omega One is the best. If you dont hink so go to this website www.omegasea.com and you will see why it is the best.
 
hikari wafers, jmc catfish pellets, cucumber, peas, prawns, bloodworm. no flakes really :thumbs: :fish: :fish: :fish: :thumbs:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top