Fluval 305 Any Good?

Hawkins

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United Kingdom
I was told that the Fluval 305 is a good filter. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with it :)

I have never had an external filter before, and i want to remove the Juwel filter out of my Rio 125 tank and repalce it with a Fluval 305.

Thanks
 
I was told that the Fluval 305 is a good filter. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with it :)

I have never had an external filter before, and i want to remove the Juwel filter out of my Rio 125 tank and repalce it with a Fluval 305.

Thanks


Currently using one on my 180ltr and it's superb doesnt lose flow rate easy and machnically it's been completely sound :), doesnt prime to well but thats like most fluvals.

jen
 
call me an idiot if you like, but what do you mean by 'prime'?
like i say, ive never had an external filter before :lol:
 
Its filtration is pretty good, but I hated mine, it is a nightmare to prime, got to the stage where I dreaded having to turn it off.
 
priming is when you first use it you have to get the canister full of water in order for it to start pumping

i have the 405 and it is great!
 
call me an idiot if you like, but what do you mean by 'prime'?
like i say, ive never had an external filter before :lol:


basically its like a self suction to enable water to be sucked into the filter so the filter can then put it back into the tank... the prime is like a lever/stick that is ment to be pump to suck water into the filter itself and then as said back out through the motor itself through the outlet pip into the tank.... the primer isnt that good i usally suck the outlet pipe to get the water going into the filter and then it's fine. ive found that most externals the primer isnt to good tbh.... but the tetratec i have found to be probably the best and esiest.
 
oh ok thanks guys

does it make much noise?

i have found a new one on ebay and have placed a bid on it.
 
oh ok thanks guys

does it make much noise?

i have found a new one on ebay and have placed a bid on it.


Well they all make a slight noise, i have mine in the fishtank cupboard and i cant hear it at all.
 
I use 305 , its very silent cant gear my in cubord eather when its runing, only once had a problem with priming when i was in the hury to start it after media rince while going to work damn thing juts wouldnt start pumping in water... finaly done it after opening up and filling FULLY all the way up with tank water . then it started... still was late for work by 20 minutes :)
 
im running to 305's had no problems atal. all i do to get around the priming problem is, fill the filter up with water, rather than priming works every time for me.
 
i found priming mine no problem. it was my first external so i had no clue, just pumped the leaver a few times and switched it on, worked first time!
 
I have Fluval 305's on a couple of my tanks and think they are great.
Not noisy, easy to clean and no problems with priming.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top