Flowerhorn ??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Magnum

Reaction score
i've seen flowerhorns and i'm wondering how they are made. i mean what do they come from, which breeds of fish. i'm also so confused on how they are breed because they all look different from one another :huh: .

please explain

thanks in advance :)

To quote from the pinned topic-
Flowerhorn.
Heaps of Colors and differnt types of these fish are avalible, Still know one knows how these fish where made as well but one thing is for sure they do have Trimac in them, watch out when buying these fish are they have a very bad temper and they should be housed with other fish that can handle there agression.
The Flower Horn Cichlid: A fish with a gargoyle-like head, the product of a Frankensteinian experiment, is raking in a fortune for aquarium fish dealers in the country.Flower Horns originated in Malaysia between 1994-1996. There are many different theories of what was originally cross bred to create the original flower horns. Most seem to agree that it was a result of cross breeding a South American Cichlid and other types of cichlids. There have also been rumors of it beginning with cichlids and giant gourami's.
Though there are adversaries of the cross breeding origins of the flower horns, it gained popularity with many enthusiasts by it's attractive color and unique characteristics. Mythical beliefs further fuel the craze on that the Asian culture also tout the flower horn to bring it's owners good luck and prosperity. Today the craze is ever popular in South East Asia, and is quickly growing throughout the world!The more pronounced the bulge on the forehead, the costlier it becomes. Superstitious fanciers say the bulge symbolises good feng shui. One fine specimen with the bulging forehead could set you back by as much as between RM10,000 and RM50,000. The dark spots that cover the flanks resemble Chinese calligraphy; punters even swear these resemble four-digit numbers, an that stroking the bulbous head improves their chances of striking it big at the next lottery draw.

while their colors are awsome, they are still teh ugliest fish iv ever layed eyes on :lol: iv heard they are a cross of african and new world cichlids, but i know very little about cichlids or flowerhorn, so im useless :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back