Floating a fish a in jar...

turnip

Reaction score
Hi,

I've heard to cure swimbladder you can feed peas, or bloodworms etc. But having done that, a few days later my fish is then too bouyant again. Someone suggested putting the infected fish in a jar filled 2 inches from the top and floating it in the tank for about an hour. Something to do with equalling out the pressure in the swim bladder. Now this sounds dumb, but should you do this with the lid on or not?!

If anyone has tried this method and knows please let me know.

Thanks.

i had a red oranga and a black moor that had bad swim bladder.It sounds silly but we put it in a bowl of its own and put a bit of whiskey in the water.Only a little bit though.That actually helped it.Or if that didnt work we made sure it was fed dafina every week.Its supposed to help them get through swim bladder probs.They normally get over it after a while though.Hope ive helped. :)

how could you tell it was still swimbladder if the fish got drunk on whiskey :lol: as our LFS keeper said there is no real cure so probable usually better to just let them sort themselfs out.

if its not a bacterial infection of swimbladder, then prior to feeding you could soak the flakes etc in water this is supposed to help

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back