Fishy Treats

NottsFishy

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
Hi all

Just wondering what treats do you give youre aquatic friends. :hyper:

Mine get bloodworm, daphnia and cyclops shrimp every so often but what other treats do you give them. :hey:

I have a bucket in the back garden with hundreds of mosquito and midge larvae which i clean thoroughly and feed my guppies and tetras they all adore them and eat them quite ferociosly lol i give them these every other week. :nod:

So what does youre fishy freinds get ?

Cheers :good:
 
Hi all

Just wondering what treats do you give youre aquatic friends. :hyper:

Mine get bloodworm, daphnia and cyclops shrimp every so often but what other treats do you give them. :hey:

I have a bucket in the back garden with hundreds of mosquito and midge larvae which i clean thoroughly and feed my guppies and tetras they all adore them and eat them quite ferociosly lol i give them these every other week. :nod:

So what does youre fishy freinds get ?

Cheers :good:

Boy, you're good!
I think mine are mainly getting jealous...
Mine just get things like flakes, Hikari Mini Wafers, frozen bloodworms, frozen daphnia and krill if they eat it (not very often and only in tanks being done that day as so messy!) several sorts of tiny pellets, spirulina wafers and various veggies where appropriate, always peas (a favorite among many) weekly...
Everyone went abruptly off frozen shrimp quite a while back and don't really like anything else I've been able to get, still trying to get my LFS to get in frozen blackworms, and don't see why they don't.
And I'll bet no-one will like them whenever I finally do get hold of some...
'Mum's' not brave enough to wrestle with live mosquito or midge larvae on their behalf.
Or, as my fish would probably say, I'm just a lousy fish-mum. (Sob.)
 
I just give mine a mixed flake diet, and i feed them Brine Shrimp, and Tubeifex worms ( in the dehydrated cube form)
 
I just give mine a mixed flake diet, and i feed them Brine Shrimp, and Tubeifex worms ( in the dehydrated cube form)

I went right across town to get mine frozen Hikari Tubifex, because it was supposed to be safe, after phoning all over, and mine wouldn't eat it.
Tried it several times - and just try syphoning uneaten tubifex out of plants without removing any foliage...
Why do I have to have such fussy fish?
If I've offended any gypsies to get cursed, I'd like to apologise...
 
mine get: flake, pellets, bloodworm, peas, and sometimes the odd other veg, my platies love there veg!
 
Frozen peas are much loved by my bottom feeders.

They are especially relished for their temperature at first!
 
My fish dine on

Frozen foods:-

Bloodworm
glassworms
Blackworms
mosquito Lavae
Daphnia


Flake foods
Algae wafers
Crab pellets (for my shrimp but they all dig in! )

They also get for occasional treats:-

minced fresh prawn
minced fresh beef
little pieces of tinned tuna
Peas
Banana
cucumber
Courgettes
 
Are there any "many year" experienced aquarists who feed, say, just flakes? Or do all the experienced ones take the "treat" / "nutritional diet" / "variety" approach seriously?

~~waterdrop~~
 
i used to feed just flakes then got plecos so introduced veg for them ad used it ever since cause all the fish enjoyed it
 
Flakes, tubifex, bloodworms, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, Tropical Crisps, shrimp treats, and tetramin granules.


their colors are stunning
 
Are there any "many year" experienced aquarists who feed, say, just flakes? Or do all the experienced ones take the "treat" / "nutritional diet" / "variety" approach seriously?

~~waterdrop~~


If you love your fish you want the best possible happy life for them. Think about it - your fav meal may be great - but would you want it 365 days a year - year in year out? :S
 
Ugh horirible mine get 2 treats a week. Anything out of the post above. I feed flakes, algae wafers and catfish pellets each day though. On the weekend something to look froward two.
 
mine randomly get about 2-3 of the following every other day

tetra crisps, floating pellets, sinking pellets, spirunella wafers

bloodworm pellets, mussel pellets ( < my fish love these) crab pellets, squid pellets and Algae and Veg sticks

frozen bloodworm, frozen daphnia, frozen mosquito larvae, frozen artemia, supermarket prawns

Cucumber, deshelled peas
 

Most reactions

Back
Top