Fishless Cycling Trouble! Any Advice Appreciated1

aaronc said:
I am not sure I want to mess around with anything like that.

I think the only thing I am going to add is some bacteria laden sponges from a friends tank.

I just don't want too many variables to start doubting lol

If you add those mature sponges from a friend's tank, that should do it.

Thanks! I still have them, but they're very shy now. Wish I could get more.

Wooohooooooooo!!!

Great stuff!! Are you going to redose to 2ppm and check again in the morning?

Aaron

I think I'll leave it for another 24 hrs and test then. I don't really want to redose until it's zero or very close.

I had some small pieces of slate delivered today, now just waiting for the silicone to arrive and going to TRY and construct some cave type features for the shrimpies to hide in!

Nice. I'm sure you won't get the trouble I've had!!!

I'm hoping that I can get the shrimp to breed as I've never had any of my fish breed before, very likely down to having a community tank. With it being a shrimp only tank (maybe an otto later on) I'm hoping they will breed if I can get the conditions correct for them. I'm hoping to have 2 set's to breed in there. I'm starting with the easiest (apparently) red cherry and if they work out then introduce a second type later on.

You going to get a clip-on style over-head light unit?

Ammonia 0ppm 
band.gif

Just dosed with some more ammonia, aiming for no more than 2.0ppm

Oh my god!! I feel like someone should say a few words and let off a glitter cannon

Great news

Woohoo - just got the nitrItes to sort out with this new mini-cycle and then you're ready for fish!!!

I think it'll take a while yet. I don't think it's a mini cycle I think the cycle is starting from scratch again. Hope I'm wrong but don't think so!

There should still have been some bacteria in the filter from the first attempt unless you changed everything, so hopefully it won't take so long this time!

Most reactions

Back