Fishkeepers With Partners

honesty is the best policy !! :)

  • oh yes my partner is 110% behind me, and never objects to the time/money i spent with the fish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • my partner is tolerent, but i wouldnt take them to the lfs cos they would be sighing to go home

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • my partner hates the amount of time and money i spent on/with my fish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dont have a partner so i blow as much cash as i like without any worries :)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Actually, I'm the fuss budget one; my husband has been trying to get me to setup the 55 already, but the stuff I want for a salty setup is too much at the moment.
 
Actually, I'm the fuss budget one; my husband has been trying to get me to setup the 55 already, but the stuff I want for a salty setup is too much at the moment.
Collect your marine equipment etc. one piece at a time. Thats the way I did it, Er indoors dont know the half I've spent. I just tell her all the special offers I've got.
Regards
BigG
 
Well Shelagh, around this house the missus says she can put up with the fish. Unlike others here, it has not taken the place of the hot car for a midlife crisis. I also have a large motorcycle instead of a fast car that I bought last summer at the age of 59.
Her real attitude is a little different than her statements. She does go to the LFS some of the times and has definite opinions on what fish we should get. Although she has no interest in the fish, I have seen her sit for long periods of time just watching them. My own opinion is she loves the fish but doesn't want to do the work to maintain them. She is even helping me clean out the spare bedroom to set up a new fish room.
 
my boy is very tolerant of my fishies. i've trained him to feed them for me hehe.
he doesn't mind a trip to the fish stores either, but usually has to drag me away. and i have to drag him away from big fish like koi and his odd urge to hug them...
 
Listen up ladies- Ive got a tip for you. My 'better' half always said NO NO NO to any tanks at all, but I still ended up with 7 at one point, that HE paid for. The secret??? A little treat every night that only us girls can do ;-)
 
infact thats not a very well kept secret at all :lol: i can name at least 3 ladies that work, using the same methods... devious moos :lol:
 
Listen up ladies- Ive got a tip for you. My 'better' half always said NO NO NO to any tanks at all, but I still ended up with 7 at one point, that HE paid for. The secret??? A little treat every night that only us girls can do ;-)

A huge bowl of warm, chicken soup?! :D
 
LOL- my partner isn't lucky enough for me to cook for him!! God no-I dont do cooking or cleaning!! Thats defo not it!!
 
Listen up ladies- Ive got a tip for you. My 'better' half always said NO NO NO to any tanks at all, but I still ended up with 7 at one point, that HE paid for. The secret??? A little treat every night that only us girls can do ;-)

A huge bowl of warm, chicken soup?! :D

I'd much rather serve him that! :lol:


Mr Helen doesn't mind the fish, he has his motorbike.... and xbox...... and car...... (though I don't bore him with fish talk, so why the hell does he jabber on about bikes and games and cars and *snore*)
 
My hubby was fine when i had 1 tank, but now i have 7 that have turned our office into a fishroom i get regular complaints, time/money spent on fish and the noise the tanks make in the office. Some complaints are justified, but l try to explain to him its an illness, an addiction that needs to be fed. But when we have people round its a different story, he's always so proud to show them my tanks that you'd think they were his, men:rolleyes:
I might try the chicken soup LOL
regards Angel
 

Most reactions

Back
Top