Fish Trip Monday: What Next?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So payday is monday and I am debating what next for my tanks. I just lost a Honey Gourami this morning and plan to head to the LFS and purchase something to replace it. The tank was fine since I did a 20% water change the day before and everyone in the tank is fine. I guess he/she never settled in with my tank. Good news is the other honey is doing fine and no issues. I may also be looking into more plants/ornaments/filters depending on opinions on the tanks. Below are pics and stockings of my tanks:

10 Gallon:
1 DP
1 BN Pleco

Equipment:
Aquaclear 20, tetra whisper internal 20, 50 watt Hydor heater, T8 Lighting (cant remember type)

101_0128.jpg


30 Gallon:
4 Molly (3 female, 1 male)
3 Peppered Cory
7 Oto (maybe more, Think I have hidden babies)
1 ADF
1 Honey Gourami

Equipment:
100 Watt Hydor Heater, Fluval +2 Internal, Eclipse 3 Hood (250 GPH with custom media)


101_0125.jpg





I am looking for Stocking Suggestions, if to move fish around or what I couyld add. Also could use suggestions as to what to do with the tank itself, Plants, Filters, Ornaments, etc.
 
Thats what I want but I live with my GF and her mom but she wont let me have another tank. Only what can fit in my room and I choose my nice gaming computer over another tank.
 
to much money lol. Rather perfect the 2 I already have. I am thinking more plants and wood. Am debating Rams, Sword Tails, Guppies, Tatras or Rasbora for the 30. May move the BN into the 30 if he doesnt get settled into the 10 soon.
 
far as I see no he doesnt. When he does come out (rare at this time) he does not show any signs of abuse. He just tends to be kinda shy since there is alot of light in the tank. He tends to hide under the internal filter or in the ornament. he is eating since my tank has (or rather had) an issue with algea and since he was inside cleaned up every trace of it. I place cucumber into the tank for him which even though I do not see him eat it I noticed its slowly being shrinking.
 
the 30 gallon, keep a pair of German Blue Rams, some Rummy nose tetras, BN pleco and you will have room for alot more. eg corydoras (although rams may pick on them as they both feed on the bottom).
 
So to confirm it:

4 Molly
1 Honey Gourami
2 German Blue rams
7 Cory
7 Oto
1 BN
7 Rummy

I do like the suggested stocking but doesn't that seem like much even for a mature tank?
 
there all quite small fish when fully grown and woth the right filtering it should be fine. is your filtering ust the fluval 2+? also add another honey gourami to make it happier but if it is a male get a female and vice versa.

another thing nce you move the bn over to the 30 add another 2 dps to the 10 gal.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top