Fish Toys

Eve

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I had to share this moment its priceless :)

I recently found a small piece of wood floating in my tank. I can't imagine how it got there and am a little disturbed by this, however I cannot remove it. For it has become thee ultimate fish toy.

This little piece of wood is half the size of my puffers, and one by one they will grab it and pull in into the filter stream, release it and promptly all three will chase it around the current until it becomes stuck in either vegitation or the non current corner. At which point, wood is snagged and game repeats..for freakin hours! For those who have had the pleasure of these fish, or even seen them in full crossed eyeish hunt mode, it is as amusing as feeding time.

People, fish need toys. I am a believer .

LOL
I truely believe the day will come.

I had two Oscars in a tank that had an UGF in it, I had other filtration instead, but was just too lazy to pull the uptake tubes out. The Oscars would take the uptake tubes in their mouths and have "sword fights" :rofl: It was the funniest thing to see them ram each other with the tubes. What a riot :rolleyes: They made me mad though because I could never keep a heater in that tank, they saw it as a new weapon and heaters don't take too kindly to Oscar sword fights. After three heaters, I gave up. :dunno:

Rofl
I can so picture that.
See we need fish toy ideas!

I go to a fish store that shows off the fish with laser pointers. They chase them all over. I can't decide if that's mean or not... -_-

Eve trying to set up a dwarf puffer tank now so more details please as in size, does it float? and filter type

Im new to the puffer life style but I have the following:

Standered Bio wheel, in a 15 CND Gal (heh heh) tank.
3 puffers and I wouldn't add any more :)

There are some fantastic posts in the Oddballs section though, check anything by pufferpack, hes the man :)

and yeah this little "fish toy" does in fact float !

my molies need to chase a lil orange ball.they try to tackle it anf try to drag it under the water.it is funny becauseyou can hear splashing.if they do not get to play with thier ball they will get very upset.they will bite if they dont get thier ball.
*only my fish**sighs*i never have any normal pets :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back