Fish Tank Lid ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sted

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi i have just bought a 6ft by 2ft tank and need to nuy a lid for it does anyone know anywere i can get one?

plans to make one?

thanks for your time

hi i have just bought a 6ft by 2ft tank and need to nuy a lid for it does anyone know anywere i can get one?

plans to make one?

thanks for your time
Try DIY stores. Thick perspex (4or5mm) makes a good cheap lid. Easy to cut to size and lets light in fo rplants. If you get two pieces each just slightly wider and longer than half tank top size it's easy to slide them apart for feeding etc.
Use it for one of my tanks that came without lid

plans to make one?

thanks for your time
Try DIY stores. Thick perspex (4or5mm) makes a good cheap lid. Easy to cut to size and lets light in fo rplants. If you get two pieces each just slightly wider and longer than half tank top size it's easy to slide them apart for feeding etc.
Use it for one of my tanks that came without lid

We've done this with 3 tanks so far :)

We found cuttnig it with a stanley knife gave the straightest and neatest looking cuts (although the thicker stuff is a bit of a pain to cut). We did originally use a saw but it left a ragged looking edge :(. I'd say try a few methods of cutting in a small corner and see which you have the most success with.

If you want perspex cut nice and straight I'd see if the DIY store will do it, you'll get a neater edge, the only thing left to do would be to polish it if you want to tidy it up. Bit of wet and dry paper and about 20 minutes should do it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back