Fish Tank Is Leaking

Axleuk

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
571
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bridgend, South Wales
Hi Guys/Gals/Boy and Girls,

I notice i have a leak in my fish tank. Its not bad at this stage but at the bottom of the right hand corner there is a small build up of water about a cap full every 4 hours or so. I dont have another tank at the moment. Is this something i should be worried about as i am not losing loads of water and its hardly noticable.
 
Hi Guys/Gals/Boy and Girls,

I notice i have a leak in my fish tank. Its not bad at this stage but at the bottom of the right hand corner there is a small build up of water about a cap full every 4 hours or so. I dont have another tank at the moment. Is this something i should be worried about as i am not losing loads of water and its hardly noticable.



do you think perhaps the aquarium sealent is leaking, you may need to just patch it up a bit with some more, i would start panicking when you see a big crack! :shout:
 
perhaps yes. the water pressure of the tank (weight) could cause the crack to get bigger
 
You havent had it long Ax, assuming it was new, contact whoever you bought it from or the manufacturer direct and get a new one send, any small leak can soon turn into a big leak - in the meantime, silicone it and hope for the best.
 
You havent had it long Ax, assuming it was new, contact whoever you bought it from or the manufacturer direct and get a new one send, any small leak can soon turn into a big leak - in the meantime, silicone it and hope for the best.


I was going to say that, get a replacement.
 
Kind of you :D

Ax in the meantime, have a large bucket ready in case the worse happens, if it does, fill it with as much tank water as possible, net the fish, add the heater and filter to the bucket, this way you wont lose fish or bacteria. They can manage for a few days like this if they have to.
 
Kind of you :D

Ax in the meantime, have a large bucket ready in case the worse happens, if it does, fill it with as much tank water as possible, net the fish, add the heater and filter to the bucket, this way you wont lose fish or bacteria. They can manage for a few days like this if they have to.


Ideally I should've put up an umbrella eh :P
 
Like me, my raspberries are sweet - no torrential splattering I promise, put that tongue away before something bites it off :D
 
Guys do you mind keeping it on topic, you would not see me go off on a tangent now would you? Tut tut

Hi Guys/Gals/Boy and Girls,

I notice i have a leak in my fish tank. Its not bad at this stage but at the bottom of the right hand corner there is a small build up of water about a cap full every 4 hours or so. I dont have another tank at the moment. Is this something i should be worried about as i am not losing loads of water and its hardly noticable.



do you think perhaps the aquarium sealent is leaking, you may need to just patch it up a bit with some more, i would start panicking when you see a big crack! :shout:

I always panic when i see one of those. I tend to get my pot holing gear on.
 
hi buddy, just checking hows the leak bussiness going?
still on topic, are you sure its a leak and not condosation gathering and dripping down one point, my old tank was a bit@# for that
 
hi buddy, just checking hows the leak bussiness going?
still on topic, are you sure its a leak and not condosation gathering and dripping down one point, my old tank was a bit@# for that

I was only joking about keeping it on topic, lol,
no it is definately a leaking. Only a small bit, nothing to really worry about for a week or so.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top