Fish Swimming Around Heater?!

The other thing in regards to the water heater - you really need to have a thermometer in your tank. water heaters that have a temperature control can be out by several degrees, and also if they are on the blink you won't know unless you have a thermometer to check :)

Meeresstille said:
Weekly water changes are better, most people do between 30 - 50%! Leaving so much time between WC and doing such a large amount could be harder on the fish since the water's chemistry could differ very much from your tap water. I had it happen that a number of my fish suffered a pH shock and died after a large WC.

As Gizaroo already said, depending on your filter and what you threw out you may have thrown out your beneficial bacteria that convert your fish's waste from their toxic forms (Ammonia and Nitrite) into the less toxic form called Nitrate. That means you will need to do lots and lots of daily WC to keep these toxins at a safe level. How soon can you get a test kit? It will help you see what's going on chemically in your tank and when you need to do a WC!

tunagirll said:
The other thing in regards to the water heater - you really need to have a thermometer in your tank. water heaters that have a temperature control can be out by several degrees, and also if they are on the blink you won't know unless you have a thermometer to check
smile.png

Thank's for the replies I'm going to get both tomorrow!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back