Fish Selection Not Working Out...(Or I Poisoned The Water)

I don't know *angels* at all, but this just sounds like something bad in the water.

OK, thanks! The angle I mentioned is definitely dying...at least I got to witness it's behavior. It was swimming rapidly in "circles"..turning on it's side, lunging at the top of the water. It almost looked like seizure activity. Any thoughts?

this behavior might be explained by the fish trying to get away from toxic water. if the wild if you spill something in the water that they can feel they will swim away as fast as possible to find better conditions. Its an instinctive behavior. Much like people running away from a major fire.

Have you checked your well water lately ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, GH, KH? That would be the first thing I would do. Verify your tap water is safe. Also list the same values for your tank. The differences might be important. You GH reading to me is worrisome Water that hard might have a lot of metal in it. Also It could also mean the well water is acidic. Acidic well water is often due to high levels of CO2 in the water. Anything added to the tank recently (wood and metal) should be removed until we know what is going on.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back