What's new

Fish Room Update

OP
§tudz

§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
I have a fluval 405 on the 120gal and a 305 on the corytank.
a few have heaters due to their locations in the room but most dont.

There are two heaters in the 120gal for when I do large water changes but once its up to temp I turn them off.

As long as you keep you water changes the sponge filters are fine, and also substrate vac-ing too. I hate having to it, but its a must.

I wouldnt suggest doing it in tanks with fish that like fast water though, but you could put a power head on the top of a sponge filter.

I am uploading the dat video at the moment and will post when its done

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
:wub: Surely one of the prettiest species. But why does it have to be big and predatory?! :shout:

OP
§tudz

§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
lol, yeah. There are some smaller species which are very similar, Nandus nandus is one Ive wanted to keep, but cant find them anywhere.

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
Wildwoods are selling them, you can order for them to be delivered. I was at Wildwoods a few days ago and there was one left so if you want them, buy them soon.
http://www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/stores_productsinfo.asp?store=54&prod=999

OP
§tudz

§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
I would love to but Im on a self imposed fish ban at the moment, as I have spent a LOT of money these past two months on fish and the like. I wouldnt like to say how much but its more than £500 easily lol.

And to make matters worse I just put in a request for a quote on 90 cories, different species for a large breeding project :D

AND... I proposed to the GF earlier this week so need to save for that. :angry:

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
:eek: lol, fishkeeping is a gold-digger ^_^
And congrats on your engagement :thumbs:

OP
§tudz

§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
Yeah it is costly, but I breeding again now which is good. Ive got 27 Neolamprologus brichardi which are almost ready to sell, and the parents just had a another spawning which has been a bigger yeild than previous spawns too.

hopefully will get about £2.50 each for them, although Im not delivering it'll be pickup only.

OP
§tudz

§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
C. aenus WILD
C. concolor
C. robustus WILD
C. undulatus
C. leopardus
C. eques WILD

depends on the price, if I get them though

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
Yeah it is costly, but I breeding again now which is good. Ive got 27 Neolamprologus brichardi which are almost ready to sell, and the parents just had a another spawning which has been a bigger yeild than previous spawns too.

hopefully will get about £2.50 each for them, although Im not delivering it'll be pickup only.
Brichardi are lovely too. A bit too aggressive though. :sad:
Why not start posting, if you have nice species I'd be happy to buy some from you (as would a lot more people). :good:

OP
§tudz

§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
I just dont have the resources to do it atm, I need to source a heat pack provider and a polly box provider too.

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
C. aenus WILD
C. concolor
C. robustus WILD
C. undulatus
C. leopardus
C. eques WILD

depends on the price, if I get them though
No doubt with you, they will breed and very fast. Just searched C.eques and they are the most beautiful corys I have seen. I'd be jealous if you get those :shout: :lol: :p

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days