Fish rolling

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Someone else will no doubt confirm this as a possibility or not but the number of different fish that you have tried out in the aquarium might not have helped with the Ich

The current fish might not have brought it into the aquarium...it could potentially have been brought into the aquarium by one or more of the previous fish and been harbouring in the substrate, filtration or even the water itself

It really depends on exactly what maintenance you have done tween species to your filtration and substrate etc....can you explain what you are doing maintenance wise....

The hardness isnt great for the fish you have - when we've been chatting thats why I've been suggesting going for South Americans rather than Central Americans.

The early stages of a tank (first few months) are always the hardest and diseases make it even harder. Some great advice up above, please don't give up.

Wills

From looking at the pictures ide say it’s ich ,

All white spots are same size and more prominent on fins for now then body. Start by slowly (over 3 or 4 days) raising the tank temperature to 30 degrees Celsius aswell as treating with white spot treatment and salt. Once you have the tank up to 30, have dosed with salt and white spot treatment, leave the lights off for a week and a half. The ich should have been killed and should be okay.

Worked for me in past. Someone else can help here if there are more efficient methods

Using meds, salt and heat together is not advisable. Either heat or meds. Both reduce the oxygen carrying capacity of the water and with both together, plus salt there is a risk of lack of oxygen in the water. Heat is the safest method as nearly all ich meds contain harsh chemicals.

Using meds, salt and heat together is not advisable. Either heat or meds. Both reduce the oxygen carrying capacity of the water and with both together, plus salt there is a risk of lack of oxygen in the water. Heat is the safest method as nearly all ich meds contain harsh chemicals.

Thankyou ^

Tbh I’m just gunna treat them for Ich.
Then take them back,

This whole fish keeping this isn’t as fun as I remember. I really liked these fish
If the fish have white spot, just raise the water temperature to 30C and keep it there for 2 weeks, or at least 1 week after all the white dots have disappeared. You won't need to buy any medications, just increase the water temperature.

Increase aeration when raising the temperature to maximise the oxygen level in the water.

The fish will be fine in the water you have.

Someone else will no doubt confirm this as a possibility or not but the number of different fish that you have tried out in the aquarium might not have helped with the Ich

The current fish might not have brought it into the aquarium...it could potentially have been brought into the aquarium by one or more of the previous fish and been harbouring in the substrate, filtration or even the water itself

It really depends on exactly what maintenance you have done tween species to your filtration and substrate etc....can you explain what you are doing maintenance wise....

I was doing water changes every 2 - 3 days.
Would vacuum gravel each time.
Water was conditioned prior to refilling and a close temperature

I’ve only washed the filter out in the used tank water once.

So 30 degrees won’t cook the fish?

And just an like an air stone?
30C is fine for tropical fish.

An airstone or two bubbling away vigorously is required to keep the oxygen level in the water as high as possible. Warm water holds less oxygen than cool water so the extra aeration helps keep the oxygen levels as high as possible.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back