Fish Quiz

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WILDER

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Who answers the question right first get's to ask the next question.

What is black carbon used for in your filter?

Correct.
Your turn to ask a question.

I maybe shouldn't have started this as I'm off to work in an hour :(
Here goes: 
What light rating is considered to be high range? (in watts per gallon please)

It's just a bit of fun and you can learn quite a bit from fish quiz. Also members can get to know each other.
I haven't a clue on your question. LOL.

Nah I reckon TallTree is wrong! :p  The usual info is 1-2 for low, 2-3 for medium and 3-4 for high.

Oh well his advice ties in with what I've read elsewhere.
The answer I was looking for was 5+ w/gal, but it's only for fun so you go next then daizeUK

Apparently watts pre gallon is an archaic way of rating lights so I'll pass the baton on to daize!

I can't find any source that would classify 4 WPG as medium light.  Most of the high light tanks I hear about are aiming for around 4 WPG although then again, most of them don't attach much significance to WPG - they're all using PAR :)

Okay here's a question - a bit of a cheat as I'm more interested in hearing answers than knowing it myself - :)
How long should new fish be quarantined before adding them to an established tank?

(I'm interested in hearing answers but I might be out for the rest of the day, so you lot can decide when to move on to a new question!)

I'm female so don't have a clue on lighting. LOL.

diaizeUK is it 4 to 6 weeks.

I think so too Wilder, in fact I remember hearing 6 weeks due to incubation time of diseases.  I'd be interested if anyone can explain exactly why it should be that long :)

It depends on which site you visit. Some diseases take more time to show themselves like NTD. internal parasites.Not all fish keepers know what to look for when it does come to internal parasites.
Whitespot tends to show it's self pretty quickly. But at the end of the day it always wise to isolate new fish just to make sure there not passing disease in to the main tank.

I think the reason I heard may have had something to do with the whitespot life cycle and how long the larvae can survive for... maybe...?  Can't remember!

Anyway your turn again Wilder!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back