Fish Pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

im going to try takeing them out sighs i thort this was going to be easys :/ .................oh and as for harry potter i have seen the movies apart from the one comeing out im told but that the books are better then the movie :p .......................................i feel realy sorry for one of the female fish cuz u see i have about 3 that are old anuth to try breeding i have had all of them in at one point but first few times i tryed with just one female and one male one of the dear i put in the i took out the next day cuz he realy riped up her tail and under fin she has chunks of fin missing so im not puting her any where near a male in the breeding tank for at least anuther 2 years ...............hehehe maby i should get a realy big male and put it in with that mad male and watch him get his tail atacked ........oh that was joke i would never try to harm a fish............unlike some one i no who buys small gold fish to feed to there koi not shore if i spelled it right there its a realy big fish ................................im wondering if my males garding the nest so the female dose not go near it cuz it looks like that a bit ??do males get that mixed up?

worryed :crazy: i wish i could show whats happening cuz im not shore if the male should be taken out or if this is normale i took the females out for a day now he seems chase them more biting at there fins ?...what should i do

Ok three spots ARE aggressive when courting. Mine frequently come away from the male after spawning with a ripped dorsal fin or tail. It heals very quickly. Much more then most injuries it seems. Check his bubblenest. Are you SURE there are no eggs in it? Often they can be seen as darker specks in the white of the bubbles. If there are then he is doing his duty seeing them off. If not, he may well be overzealous and frightening them, or simply wanting them out of his territory. An inexperienced male can get very over excited and ends up just chasing them around because he's just too eager.
You may be better off taking him out of the tank, giving him some time to calm down and destroy any bubblenest he's made (Assuming it has no eggs). Once he seems calm and back to his normal self, try putting in the girls first and then adding him. That way it's not his territory they're invading.
If that fails, maybe the girls just aren't ready to spawn and/or they simply don't like each other!
Hugs,
P.

i think the males just plan stupied or mean so i took him out and put a male in there that i think was the one that had frys befor

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back