Fish Pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:huh: i changed the water in the tank and now its like the males no longer intrested?

^Happens. My bettas often stop nest building for the first few days after a water change. Think the change disturbs them a little. :rolleyes:
Hugs,
P.

Yep, the first is female, the second is male.

there were pics of 3 difrent gouramis 2 i think are female the gold and the one wheres there only one fish in the pic are the females i think and the one in the pic with the gold is male is this right?

I looked at the first and the last picture before.

The first is of a female.
The second is also of a female (and is the same picture I think).
The last picture is of a different golden female with a male opaline.

So yes, that's right.

thanks and yes the first 2 were the same pic i kind of messed up when posting them and in the first pic that female dose not look like that any more the poor thing had its fins bitten and was hurt by the male in the other pic poor thing she was returned to the main tank and is healing as for the golden one i put it back in after i changed there water and the male dose not seem too intrested at the moment oh what would happen if i put more then one female in with him ????

If the tank is large enough, you can add another female if you want. It shouldn't realy have a drastic effect except that it may help the other female by deviding the amount of attention the male gives to her. That's a good thing as it reduces stress. It may also be a good idea inc ase the other female does feel like breeding. Try it if you want and see how they all react. be ready to seperate any fish that show aggression and take all the females out if they spawn.

im not shore i fully understood all of that well i got most it just confused dose that mean if i put anuther female in with the male it willl take longer to want to breed or may evan not breed cuz theres to much to choose from hes not shore wich to choose and so he trys for both and there for he cant try as much as he would if it was one girl and may fail with both?.....................................................................................................or dose it mean theres a much higher chance of geting fry from him?

If there's two females old enough to be producing eggs then you are likely to have him spawning with both. Mine certainly does. He lives with 4 girls. Only the two oldest egg producing currently but in another month the other two should be also. Certainly the older of the other two will be. I wouldn't be suprised if she does within the next fortnight.
The idea behind having more then one female is to cut the amount of hasseling he gives one female, simply because there are two of them.
Hugs,
P.

hey miss dib dabs welcome back have not seen you for a bit i guess you been bizzy,,,,,,,,,,, and thanks for the info on how the male will be with the females i may try it stange at the moment the male seem not in to the female hes started make nests again but his color is normal and hes not biting or going after the female its been like this after i changed the water a few days ago do male like some females better?

thats intrest i just put the second female in the big brown one and hes gone his near deap almost black color and chaseing her i dont get it he was not intrested in the gold one the gold in fact i think wanted to breed this time cuz she was staying rownd him a lot but the brown one been there for a few second and now he wants to breed :crazy:

If the male is being very aggressive, take both females out and put them back in with him tomorrow. That way he'll be interested in both and won't stress them out.

i hope he will at least choose one too breed with hmmmmmmmmmm can a male be not be old anuth yet still be makeing bubble nests?

Yeah, tis possible. He may have darkened in colour because she was invading the territory though, as opposed to wanting to mate. My male doesn't chase the girls around if they're showing willing or are very placating with him. The smallest doesn't get chased at all, despite not even carry eggs yet. (It really is love, bless him :wub: )Yet if the others get too close to his territory he'll see them off if they aren't wanting to spawn.
Do as Sylvia suggested and seperate them for a few days. Then try again. Chances are he is old enough but was confused by them being added at different times and took offense.
And yes, been v.busy. Kids home for the weekend, HIMonline stuff busy and new tank came. :D Setting it up Tuesday as had to order the substrate I wanted. :rolleyes:
Hugs,
P.
P.S:Yes I am going to see the new Harry Potter film. Next week hopefully. :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back