Fish/Pet names and "Pet"names

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SomethingsFishy24

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I am a Vet tech by vocation. I talk to animals, all kinds of animals all day long during their care and treatment. I have heard some unique names along the way, and have many colorful "pet" names that I use at any given time. I would love to hear some of yours!

When talking to an animal, but not calling it by name, some that frequently come out of my mouth are.
Cats: Poot, Puddy, Little beans, Spicy tostada, Spitty kitty, floof, ect.
Dogs: Bubs, Tooter, Snoot.
Fish: Bubs, Filet, fish stick, Shark bait lol
I could go on, but I want to hear your pet's name or the "pet" names you call them.

wiggly boi
Couldnt help but notice that you have exactly the same number of messages and reactions

wiggly boi
Couldnt help but notice that you have exactly the same number of messages and reactions
Someone had to go and ruin my streak, I'll have to post some more Lol.

Cute! Love the little wigglers:wub:

Our Iti Cat, gets called "Dementia Cat" more often than not these days. She is twenty after all.

I have a danio called Eimprezs which is a bit unusual. Another danio is called Zest. My female Rosy barb is called Barbie. Lol! By budgies are called Apollo and Venera.

You should call a pet by their appearance or personality.

For example:
1. A colourful betta could have the names: Galaxy, Nova, Stardust, Nebula.
2. A super speedy fish could be called Electricity and... Lightning Mc'queen! Or whatever that fast red car is called...

I have only named five of my hooligans....

Firecracker... the moody Apisto
Digger....the hole digging male BN
Bristles...the randy male BN
Blue...the blue eyed shy female BN
Rosy....the randy female BN (called Rosy cos she always has a smug smile after spending time with Bristles)

I tend not to name pets that aren't mammals. I had a kind of superstitious girlfriend years ago, and she bought me a pair of pearl gouramis, which she named after us. One afternoon when I had just finished cooking our supper before she came over, I realized that the female had died. I ran like a madman for ten city blocks to the pet store, and then ran back with a new pearl. I got her into the tank with minutes to spare.
I decided my own superstition was going to be to never again name a fish. Give a fish a name and it's like a death sentence for it.
I have a 38 year old red eared slider I haven't ever named. I talk to her, but I figure somewhere in her turtle culture, she has her own vision of herself. I don't think she'd respect a human who called her something cute.
My dog is named Rosie - she was 9 when we adopted her and was supposed to answer to that. She does now at 14. I know local dogs named Frank, Rory, Fred, Florence, Mr Wiggles, Boba, Catherine, Antoine, Maggie, Manon, Champ and Sandra. Half the dogs around here are being named Boba these days, but a lot of people seem to like to give them the kinds of names their neighbours might have.

I have a danio called Eimprezs which is a bit unusual. Another danio is called Zest. My female Rosy barb is called Barbie. Lol! By budgies are called Apollo and Venera.

You should call a pet by their appearance or personality.

For example:
1. A colourful betta could have the names: Galaxy, Nova, Stardust, Nebula.
2. A super speedy fish could be called Electricity and... Lightning Mc'queen! Or whatever that fast red car is called...
Nice names! I love Zest, that is so cute.

I have some oddball names at my house, some my kids named. The fish the kids named are Batman, Dozer, Beaker (Like the muppet, he is a parrot fish and it is perfect) Priscilla and Chonk.

One of the cats is named Rogue Badger...and it suits him, he is a nutjob. We also have a Ginger, Peaches, Gouda and Ezio.

Dante and Bane are Dobermans, their names are tougher than their personalities

Our Iti Cat, gets called "Dementia Cat" more often than not these days. She is twenty after all.
Aww, Iti cat. I am sure she still knows you and your voice. My husband laughs at me when I talk to Ginger, she is deaf, I know this but I can't help it. I have talked to her for 15 years. Gouda is blind with cataracts but he still can hunt me down by the sound of my voice, or the food bag crinkling. He is faster coming to dinner than the others sometimes:lol:

I tend not to name pets that aren't mammals. I had a kind of superstitious girlfriend years ago, and she bought me a pair of pearl gouramis, which she named after us. One afternoon when I had just finished cooking our supper before she came over, I realized that the female had died. I ran like a madman for ten city blocks to the pet store, and then ran back with a new pearl. I got her into the tank with minutes to spare.
I decided my own superstition was going to be to never again name a fish. Give a fish a name and it's like a death sentence for it.
I have a 38 year old red eared slider I haven't ever named. I talk to her, but I figure somewhere in her turtle culture, she has her own vision of herself. I don't think she'd respect a human who called her something cute.
My dog is named Rosie - she was 9 when we adopted her and was supposed to answer to that. She does now at 14. I know local dogs named Frank, Rory, Fred, Florence, Mr Wiggles, Boba, Catherine, Antoine, Maggie, Manon, Champ and Sandra. Half the dogs around here are being named Boba these days, but a lot of people seem to like to give them the kinds of names their neighbours might have.
We name everything, but never name it Lucky, ever, it is like a curse that it will then become the most expensive animal you have ever owned. It is funny how some names seem to affect how animals are. Precious, Angel, cupcake, snuggles, lovey, any dog with names like that will bite your face off in a heart beat. While Killer, Cujo, Beast, Mauler are all big teddy bears.:lol:

My favorite dog names, and patients, are named Chewbarka and Barkamedes. They are a sibling pair of Border collies. I love them they are so sweet. Otherwise we see a lot of pets named Bella, Lucy, Brody, Max, and Riley.

I had a chocolate brown Clumber spaniel and when he was a puppy his hair was curly and looked a bit “bubbly” so he was called Aero after the chocolate bar 😀
That is cute. Who doesn't like chocolate? Bet he was just as sweet too!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back