fish parents and there babies

aernympha

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi
i have a female creme comet platy called liz hehe and she had babys well i think cos they was exactly the same two little creme comet platys this big ----- i reckon they was the only suriovers just two shame but i recused them and put them in my old tank in my room out of the comunity livebeaer tank.but i was wondering the fact that she was never that fat!?!??!!? and one of my platys is very fat not on bursting point but still fat and i only seen the male mate with her once (this one is called milly she is a red wag thing u know black fins red body) i got this breeding holder thing so it keep s female awaay from babys cos the can swim out of the bottom but i was wondering if i should out her in it cos shes been quite fat for some time,also her maole ralph follows her around and i havent seen him mate with her just foloows her around.........plzzzzzzzz help i dunno what to dooooo also have dalmation molly that is mated withabout 20 times a day isnt it pregant yet ???????it is a little bit fat but why doe she keep mating with it??? hop eu can answer my questions

They are more than likely pregnant!! A female can have babies up to 4 times without a male...

My guppies are never real fat when they have babies, so I guess every fsh are different...

If she looks like busting you may want to put her in the breeder net...Is it a net or plastic breeder box? I like the breeding net myself, cause the female has a little more room than the plastic box and they dont get stressed as much

My Males I have 1 Guppy and 1 Black Molly mate 1 million times a day with my females :blink: poor females...So that is not uncommon

I hoped this helped, and good luck with the babies!! :)

we decide that the breeeders plastic box things was too cruell and we took it back to the shop :/ so i am leaving my female in the comunity tank plus we are goin on holiday to cornwall soon :lol: so i would be able to loo after them so if milly has babys i surpsoe its suval or the fittiest and bit like the other tow baby creme plats , and on eis called bo (pronoced bow) form little bo peep its friends idea hehehehhe! :D

the sword tail might of mated with the platy it happens alot i guess, so if any swords are chasing the platy they might be trying to mate, or what the other guy said,

yeah i know swordtail and platys often mate and they have the same-ish genes its very common but mine havnt! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back