Fish Id

As far as I know Pamphorichthys minor is the smallest livebearer species.
 
Neoheterandria elegans is smaller

There would be very little chance of getting these though aye.
Whens the next auction?
 
nice one.

I've posted the pic of the mystery fish in the killi section as soup mentioned so hopefully i should get a specific name.
 
the first one is not a danio but a rasbora..'galaxy rasbora'

i think the second one is a 'Blue Panchax Killifish'
 
the first one is not a danio but a rasbora..'galaxy rasbora'

i think the second one is a 'Blue Panchax Killifish'

As I was told a couple of weeks ago, they are no longer referred to as 'Galaxy Rasboras', they are now called 'Celestial Danios'.
 
They have been renamed to Danio, they are not a rasboura, but ut's still being called that.
 
we'r on the right lines but i dont think its the Aplocheilus panchax.
 
I suspect that your fish is still a juvenile so it could prove quite difficult to determine exactly which species...let us know what you find out.
 
i will, thanks soup. I wish it was my fish, its gorgeous! I found it on the net, no discription, no name, nothing. I'm determined to find out what it is and get me some, maybe another species tank.
 
the first one is not a danio but a rasbora..'galaxy rasbora'

i think the second one is a 'Blue Panchax Killifish'

This fish was originally described by taxonomist Tyson Roberts in Febuary 2007, who placed it into the genus Celestichthys. However it was re-described to Danio margaritatus earlier this year by scientists at the university of St. Louis.
 
It looks very similar to the Oryzias but the elongated dorsal fin just isn't right...

250px-Nihonmedaka.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top