Fish Id Needed

Assaye

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Location
York, UK
Okay. I don't have a photo so here goes -

Tropical, freshwater fish (obviously, given the section I'm posting in, lol). Bright yellow, sucker mouth. The individuals I saw were about 3-4 inches long, but I don't know how big they get. Kind of look like a goby, but suckermouth fish. Very cute (not that that's much help!). Like hanging out on plants.

Any ideas?
 
Sounds right

Gyrinocheilus aymonieri or Algae eater / Sucking loach

These like larger tanks as they do get very grumpy as they mature and will chase anything they gets to close.
 
That's it! I didn't know suckling loaches came in a golden variation. Very pretty. Unfortunately, far too big for any of my tanks.

Work recommends them as a general algae eater and will even sell them to coldwater tanks =(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top