Fish cruelty at its best... or maybe worst

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Honestly I think this is worse. Three glofish in a half gallon, nothing in there and they are suspended in the air. The author's attitude about it makes me sick. She literally acknowledges the fact that her fish never live long and that she hates doing the water changes. In the comments, several people kindly told her that the setup was not appropriate, offering suggestions and she ignored many of them, replying to other comments with "you just can't win everybody"

Honestly I think this is worse. Three glofish in a half gallon, nothing in there and they are suspended in the air. The author's attitude about it makes me sick. She literally acknowledges the fact that her fish never live long and that she hates doing the water changes. In the comments, several people kindly told her that the setup was not appropriate, offering suggestions and she ignored many of them, replying to other comments with "you just can't win everybody"

I am really speechless.

What an awful person, acknowledging that what's she's doing is wrong and passive-aggressively dismissing them all with snarky "Thanks for the tips!" replies.

This one comment in particularly really got me,
"However, bettas thrive in this environment! In fact, they live in shallow puddles in their natural habitat and prefer small spaces with minimal disturbances! And they are pretty and fun to look at. I highly recommend getting one of those next time:)"
It's like if someone locked you in a 4x4ft box and said that you can thrive in it because you live in a big box in your "natural habitat".

How can man made mutations be said to have a natural habitat? I say this as the keeper of golden Medakas, LF Whiteclouds and a recent adoptee of LF Zebras/Leopards as well.:mad: To my shame.

Just visited an hobbyist selling Bettas.
He had about 200 in tiny (clean !) plastic cups. Told him I hated this and yes there he went off : The parroted tiny puddlestory hahaha. Showed him the vid hahaha.

Last edited:
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Selangor chairman, Christine Chin, urged the public to avoid buying fish from the pet and aquarium industry.

“Without the support of customers, the industry will be forced to reform its practices and make itself more humane and responsible,” she said.

“People need to send out a clear message to the pet and aquarium industry that we will no longer make cruelty profitable.”

Warning......the following article has images from a Betta farm in Thailand that has been caught using inhumane methods

What an awful person, acknowledging that what's she's doing is wrong and passive-aggressively dismissing them all with snarky "Thanks for the tips!" replies.

This one comment in particularly really got me,
"However, bettas thrive in this environment! In fact, they live in shallow puddles in their natural habitat and prefer small spaces with minimal disturbances! And they are pretty and fun to look at. I highly recommend getting one of those next time:)"
It's like if someone locked you in a 4x4ft box and said that you can thrive in it because you live in a big box in your "natural habitat".
I do feel like a betta would be better than glo fish in that setup, but NOTHING should be kept like that. It doesn’t even look that good.

Warning......the following article has images from a Betta farm in Thailand that has been caught using inhumane methods

Absolutely horrendous

My local aquarium shop is wonderful, he keeps the bettas in proper 15 or so gallon tanks with other suitable fish, none are in small cups. I only ever buy from him, he cares deeply about their welfare.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back