Fish And Food Recommendations.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GreenIsGood

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 10gal cycled last week and it appears to be doing well so I need some help with my stocking choices.  I've read a bunch of great threads on here for ideas but want to pinpoint any problem areas.

I currently have 2 Honey Gouramis, 1 male and 1 female.

I was planning on adding to that:
1 - Honey - female
6 - Endler's livebearers - male
2 - red cherry shrimp
Is this a reasonable stocking level?

The gouramis(especially the female) seem to be spitting the Tetra flake out.  What else should I be giving them? I am planning on getting some bloodworm or tubifex as soon as the blizzard clears.

I have all live plants with a heavy stand in the back corner tapering down to the middle of the tank and I'm waiting on some Dwarf Baby Tears for ground cover on the rest of the tank. The gourami's are loving the plants and upper area of the tank.  I'm hoping the Endler's will fill the middle out a bit and the shrimp on the bottom.

I'm not familiar with gourami at all so someone else can answer that.

Cherry shirmp are stressed when they are not in groups, you should add at least 5-6 (more if you can), they barely have a bioload so personally I don't even add them to the equation.

I honestly think that the only thing that should be shoved into a 10gall would be shrimp and a betta.

Ok, I'll wait on the shrimp until the tank is more established if at all. 

I feed my Gouramis (not Honey, but close enough) a 'Freshwater Multi-Pack' that you can find at PetSmart.  They LOVE it.  And don't worry if they're spitting everything out...that probably just means that you're overfeeding.  Wait a day...won't hurt...see if it eats then.

Thanks,  they're eating better now so it might just have been an adjustment period.  I'm still going to pick up some bloodworms or tubifex today now that the blizzard has passed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back