Fish abuser...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Long ago, I was told it is illegal to catch a native fish and put it in an aquarium here in New York. So the logic here, it is legal to catch a largemouth bass and put it in a frying pan for dinner but illegal to put in a tank.
It’s definitely illegal here. It’s illegal to catch any wild animal and take it in as your pet. Not to mentioned she was trespassing, fishing without a license, and not having the land owners permission.

She also illegally works at my job. She breaks so many laws. :no:

If you've read much about sadistic, psychopathic serial killer types, they often (or maybe almost always) start out with deliberate cruelty to animals. I haven't heard much about fish cruelty. It's usually small mammals like cats, dogs, rabbits, etc. But anyone who would - for "kicks" - smother frogs? Something's wrong in her head and if somebody doesn't stop her, no telling what she'll grow up to do to people. It's a sign of a derangement of the brain. I'm sorry you have to be witness to such sick behavior without feeling you can do anything about it.

If you've read much about sadistic, psychopathic serial killer types, they often (or maybe almost always) start out with deliberate cruelty to animals. I haven't heard much about fish cruelty. It's usually small mammals like cats, dogs, rabbits, etc. But anyone who would - for "kicks" - smother frogs? Something's wrong in her head and if somebody doesn't stop her, no telling what she'll grow up to do to people. It's a sign of a derangement of the brain. I'm sorry you have to be witness to such sick behavior without feeling you can do anything about it.
I agree, this needs to be stopped before it takes a turn for the worse.

It definitely needs to be stopped. I just don't know how that could be done without causing problems between PK and his neighbors.

Last edited:
She is also really toxic to me, for reasons I don’t want to mention. (I know I keep saying that, but it’s relevant)

Next time I go over to her place or next time I see her abusing an animal, I will do something about it. If the conditions over at her place have worsened, then I will ask my parents to contact the authorities.

Again, maybe be mindful this is a minor and not talk about derangements.

Best thing to do is stay away from her, ask your parents to report the animal abuse and neglect. You mentioned tension between your parents and her parents so them all having a constructive chat isn't likely. A chat with your parents might may them rethink how much your sister sees her too.

It might not go far reporting the fish abuse and frog torture/murder, but if dogs and a mule are being kept in substandard conditions, at least authorities would check into that. I agree, PheonixKingZ probably would be better off staying away from that house, especially knowing it is so toxic mentally & emotionally to humans as well, although if old enough to work at a job is certainly old enough to be aware of things such as psychopathy. Who knows, really? With the whole family seemingly involved to some extent it's bound to affect them all. I'd be more concerned about the sister. It just sounds like a dreadful situation and I empathize with PheonixKingZ

This is a kid, so I don't think we should be saying she's a sadist. From your description it sounds like she may just need attention, especially from the way you described her parents. Might sound crazy but I would get over her being "toxic" and try and be supportive and nice. You can try and help her get over this weird s*** by getting her interested in other things or just slowly showing her its wrong. Fighting fire with fire should really be a last stand, and never really works with kids, they just won't get it till they really get burnt.

This is why I think humans are the worst animal there is. Sure some of or species help and do very good deeds but the majority just look at other creatures and living things like that and don’t care what happens, and that is sick and totally messed up:mad:
I agree that human beings can be capable of unbelievable acts of cruelty towards living things. If we were animals that would make it less appalling as we expect certain animals to attack each other. However, we are not animals! We are made in the image of God. Made to reason, think and feel in ways which an animal will never be capable of, this is why acts of cruelty like these are even more reprehensible - we are not animals, we should know better.

I agree that human beings can be capable of unbelievable acts of cruelty towards living things. If we were animals that would make it less appalling as we expect certain animals to attack each other. However, we are not animals! We are made in the image of God. Made to reason, think and feel in ways which an animal will never be capable of, this is why acts of cruelty like these are even more reprehensible - we are not animals, we should know better.
Technically humans are animals. We belong in the kingdom, Animalia.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back