Fish abuser...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Technically, yes. But at times (more than often) we do act like wild animals.

This is a kid, so I don't think we should be saying she's a sadist. From your description it sounds like she may just need attention, especially from the way you described her parents. Might sound crazy but I would get over her being "toxic" and try and be supportive and nice. You can try and help her get over this weird s*** by getting her interested in other things or just slowly showing her its wrong. Fighting fire with fire should really be a last stand, and never really works with kids, they just won't get it till they really get burnt.
I agree, sometimes people like this needs to guided, and since her parents can't do better then it is a good idea if someone else doing it. This isn't your responsibility though, so you don't have to..since dealing with this kind of people can really drain you.

But if you ready and willing, I say go for it

This whole ordeal had drained me already. Not really sure I’m ready for that... :no:

So, PK, if you haven't seen her for a couple months, what specifically provoked you to post about it?

As for derangement and all that, I don't know. I fried my share of bugs with a magnifying glass when I was a kid, stuff like that. At some point I decided I didn't like killing for entertainment, but it took quite a while to figure that out. We all get our concept of normal from our parents, and we all have our flaws to overcome and outgrow. Some do and some don't. I don't think I'd take the "growing up to be a psycho" scenario too seriously.

But then...perhaps I shouldn't be holding myself up as an example of mental acuity.

I have a neighbor that lives close to me that is NOT nice to fish or any other animal for that matter.

She takes animals from the wild, and makes them her pet. (That is illegal in KY, just so you know)

The first fish she killed was a betta fish. Her dad claims he is a “fish expert” and yet the had him in a mason jar, with no heater, substrate, or filter. That one really made me mad. It died due to fin rot, dropsy, and fungus, because she hadn’t done a water change in a really long time. “Oh, I just have been putting it off”... umm... yeah... you just killed your fish! I tried to keep telling her that it had diseases; man, I even offered to treat it for free! She still refused. :mad:

Her next victim was 2 large mouth bass, in a 5g tank. She literally caught them in the creek (with no fishing license and without the land owners permission) and put them in that dirty tank. (Still no filter or clean water - just creek water)

If it doesn’t surprise you, they died soon after.

The list goes on about how many fish she has killed. She doesn’t care for them, or her other pets for that matter! I feel sorry for them as well - all cooped up in a tiny, muddy back yard. Her own dogs have even killed each other and a neighbors dog.

She also tortured frogs by holding them in her hand until they suffocate.

I just can’t get over it. She is so cruel to animals and her parents are ok with it?? And, even worse, she my sisters friend. That means I have to see her, a lot...

But I’m done with it. Next time she hurts an animal like that on my property, I’m going to get on her about it.

Anyway, that’s the story. Sorry for blowing up like that, I’m just so irritated.:mad::(

@BoomerXIV
How did the frog suffocate in her hand?

Most Frogs only breathe through their skin while submerged. Not sure she could of held it to death unless she had something toxic on her hands that it absorbed through its skin. That said, im not at all defending her, she clearly has no business having animals in her care .

So, PK, if you haven't seen her for a couple months, what specifically provoked you to post about it?

As for derangement and all that, I don't know. I fried my share of bugs with a magnifying glass when I was a kid, stuff like that. At some point I decided I didn't like killing for entertainment, but it took quite a while to figure that out. We all get our concept of normal from our parents, and we all have our flaws to overcome and outgrow. Some do and some don't. I don't think I'd take the "growing up to be a psycho" scenario too seriously.

But then...perhaps I shouldn't be holding myself up as an example of mental acuity.
Because every time I drive by her place, I see all those poor animals in her back yard.

I don’t think it’s mental, I just think she thinks it is funny to kill smaller creatures. Not knowing how to care for animals is not necessarily a mental thing, it’s a non-knowledge issue. I know for a fact she does not have enough room for all those animals. But here again, this is mostly her parents fault...

Because every time I drive by her place, I see all those poor animals in her back yard.

I don’t think it’s mental, I just think she thinks it is funny to kill smaller creatures. Not knowing how to care for animals is not necessarily a mental thing, it’s a non-knowledge issue. I know for a fact she does not have enough room for all those animals. But here again, this is mostly her parents fault...

You know, maybe instead of yelling at her, you might be able to help the animals by teaching her how to care for them properly. How old is she? Maybe when you go visit her, you could try to get her interested in caring for animals. Maybe bring a few books, or go on the internet. If she's enthusiastic about taking care of them, she might stop killing animals.

You know, maybe instead of yelling at her, you might be able to help the animals by teaching her how to care for them properly. How old is she? Maybe when you go visit her, you could try to get her interested in caring for animals. Maybe bring a few books, or go on the internet. If she's enthusiastic about taking care of them, she might stop killing animals.
Well, PK did indicate that there's some sort of bad feeling between him/his family and this girl/her family, so he might not be the one to do it. Use good judgement and be safe, young grasshopper!

Well, PK did indicate that there's some sort of bad feeling between him/his family and this girl/her family, so he might not be the one to do it. Use good judgement and be safe, young grasshopper!

Yes, but his sister is friends with her, and he said he's going to their house soon. I don't know if it would work, but it's worth a try. Or maybe PK's sister could do it? I don't know how old she is, or how much she knows about animal care though.

She’s 13. She also doesn’t take kindly to being told what to do, or being corrected. Maybe next time I go over there, I’ll bring it up in a friendly way. Ex. “Are these pins really big enough for sheep? I thought they needed bigger pastures?” Or something like that?

She’s 13. She also doesn’t take kindly to being told what to do, or being corrected. Maybe next time I go over there, I’ll bring it up in a friendly way. Ex. “Are these pins really big enough for sheep? I thought they needed bigger pastures?” Or something like that?
To be honest its really hard to change a 13 years old. Maybe when she's a little bit older you could try talk to her again.

Usually, its hard to tell someone unless she is your friend who look up to you.

Probably you can befriend her and slowly teach how to take care of animals and fish.
She may like fish but she doesn't know how to take care of them.
You can teach her and share your knowledge with her.
Share something that will interest her. Then perhaps she will listen to you.

And you will need patience and understanding whenever you are dealing with young kids.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back