FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have a neighbor that lives close to me that is NOT nice to fish or any other animal for that matter.

She takes animals from the wild, and makes them her pet. (That is illegal in KY, just so you know)

The first fish she killed was a betta fish. Her dad claims he is a “fish expert” and yet the had him in a mason jar, with no heater, substrate, or filter. That one really made me mad. It died due to fin rot, dropsy, and fungus, because she hadn’t done a water change in a really long time. “Oh, I just have been putting it off”... umm... yeah... you just killed your fish! I tried to keep telling her that it had diseases; man, I even offered to treat it for free! She still refused. :mad:

Her next victim was 2 large mouth bass, in a 5g tank. She literally caught them in the creek (with no fishing license and without the land owners permission) and put them in that dirty tank. (Still no filter or clean water - just creek water)

If it doesn’t surprise you, they died soon after.

The list goes on about how many fish she has killed. She doesn’t care for them, or her other pets for that matter! I feel sorry for them as well - all cooped up in a tiny, muddy back yard. Her own dogs have even killed each other and a neighbors dog.

She also tortured frogs by holding them in her hand until they suffocate.

I just can’t get over it. She is so cruel to animals and her parents are ok with it?? And, even worse, she my sisters friend. That means I have to see her, a lot...

But I’m done with it. Next time she hurts an animal like that on my property, I’m going to get on her about it.

Anyway, that’s the story. Sorry for blowing up like that, I’m just so irritated.:mad::(

@BoomerXIV

It is...

You know what is the most ironic thing about all this? Is that their kid wants to be a vet when she grows up. A vet!

Do ya think you will be able to treat every animal that comes into the clinic like that!??

This is why I think humans are the worst animal there is. Sure some of or species help and do very good deeds but the majority just look at other creatures and living things like that and don’t care what happens, and that is sick and totally messed up:mad:
I’m glad you guys agree... she’s especially bad when she’s around her friends. They all think it’s so funny when she murders a frog. :rolleyes:

The first fish she killed was a betta fish. Her dad claims he is a “fish expert” and yet the had him in a mason jar, with no heater, substrate, or filter. That one really made me mad. It died due to fin rot, dropsy, and fungus, because she hadn’t done a water change in a really long time. “Oh, I just have been putting it off”... umm... yeah... you just killed your fish! I tried to keep telling her that it had diseases; man, I even offered to treat it for free! She still refused. :mad:
This is so frustrating, betta is one of the most beautiful fish and yet most people treat them like a decoration. I mean some of my friends spend a lot of money for a betta, and ended up putting them in small breeder tank, it really doesn't make sense to me, buying 100 usd fish and putting it in a 1 usd tank.

I just can’t get over it. She is so cruel to animals and her parents are ok with it??
Do you know her parents? Maybe you could talk about it, you know start with some friendly conversation and maybe one day they'll listen to you.

Id place a nice friendly call over to the authorities.
Take photos of the conditions the dogs outside live in for proof and any proof you can get and report her. She may be a minor but authorities would get on her parents for it.

That's awful. I hate people that treat animals like toys to amuse them, instead of living things. I don't know what kind of a vet she'll be if she likes to torment animals like that.

This is so frustrating, betta is one of the most beautiful fish and yet most people treat them like a decoration. I mean some of my friends spend a lot of money for a betta, and ended up putting them in small breeder tank, it really doesn't make sense to me, buying 100 usd fish and putting it in a 1 usd tank.

Do you know her parents? Maybe you could talk about it, you know start with some friendly conversation and maybe one day they'll listen to you.
I do know her parents... but they are the same way. They are also passive aggressionists, which doesn’t help at all.

Id place a nice friendly call over to the authorities.
Take photos of the conditions the dogs outside live in for proof and any proof you can get and report her. She may be a minor but authorities would get on her parents for it.
I have thought about doing that many times. They even keep a full grown mule on the property. (I wish I had a picture of their backyard, so I could show you how small it was)

That's awful. I hate people that treat animals like toys to amuse them, instead of living things. I don't know what kind of a vet she'll be if she likes to torment animals like that.
My thought exactly. If she really wanted to be a vet, then why would she treat animals like she does? Makes no sense to me... (I’ll bring that up next time I see her doing something wrong to an animal)

I don’t hate her, I just extremely dislike her actions towards other living creatures.

That is just cruel.:mad: I mean, who would even think of treating a living thing like that!
Welcome to the forum! :hi:

(Sorry for the tight thread... just your luck your first post was one a touchy subject like this. ;))

——

Yes, very cruel. She has bragged, and he has bragged that they are both animal experts. If they were really animal experts, they would not have treated those fish that way.

But I’m done with it. Next time she hurts an animal like that on my property, I’m going to get on her about it.

@BoomerXIV

If the person is a minor, you need to talk to her parents about this issue. If anyone has an issue with my kids behavior, they need to talk to me and I will address the issue.

That's awful. I know there's not likely laws around fish keeping but surely you could report about the dogs if they're being neglected. I'm mindful that this person is likely a minor & so won't comment too much on her personality. However I would report any abuse/neglect around animals where the law does work to protect them. I know you're in school too so really best advice would be to talk to your parents about her behaviour & your concerns. Lay out the facts without name calling. Ask your parents if they can talk to her parents. If nothing else it might make your parents reconsider allowing your sister to hang out so much with her

There is some tension between my and her parents for reasons I would not like to mention...

For myself, if a neighbor's kid talked directly to my kid on an issue, I would have no problem with that. That's a peer to peer relationship which is quite normal and healthy. I have issues when parents try to parent other kids.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back