First fishy friends

OP
Tegz

Tegz

Reaction score
**Update**

Unfortunately I went away for the weekend and I think my parents overfed them. I've lost 4 of the danios one tetra and one oto

Yesterday first thing I moved over the filter media to the 20g leaving some sponge behind so I can quarentine the remaining danio my parents said the others were really bent so I suspect they may have been sick.

The other fish are loving all the new space.

I will be getting a ton of new plants at the end of the month to fill up this tank a bit more.

IMG_20200915_065457_1-01.jpeg
IMG_20200915_065605-01.jpeg
IMG_20200915_065344-01.jpeg

FishFinatic77

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
**Update**

Unfortunately I went away for the weekend and I think my parents overfed them. I've lost 4 of the danios one tetra and one oto

Yesterday first thing I moved over the filter media to the 20g leaving some sponge behind so I can quarentine the remaining danio my parents said the others were really bent so I suspect they may have been sick.

I will be getting a ton of new plants at the end of the month to fill up this tank a bit more.

View attachment 116359View attachment 116360View attachment 116361
Sorry about all the fish you lost. :(:rip:

vanalisa

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
**Update**

View attachment 116359View attachment 116360View attachment 116361
Too bad about your fish
That's always difficult.

Your 20g is looking good, I can't tell from the pictures if you got the sand thing worked out. I am just starting to look at Cory's and it will be my first time using sand. Also, I have to learn how to blanch vegetables as raw kind doesn't work. They are so cute! Live plants are for sure the way to go and i cant wait to see how your aquarium evolves.

The 2.5g and other extra equipment will be handy in the future as a quarantine tank, fry tank, etc. If you want to keep it running to keep seeded filter media going you can get snails. Mystery snails are great entertainment and get bigger than you would think! A few Nerites would also be cool, they lay eggs vital they won't hatch in freshwater. There are some really cool ones, too.
(Be careful with snails some reproduce like crazy, some are even hermaphroditic and can reproduce solo)!

I have had many betta and currently have a Dwarf Pea Puffer and in my opinion both of those fish need a minimum of 5g will be more enjoyable for you and the fish!
: )
Sorry for the long reply, glad you're on the forum!

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days