first dead fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have had him around a year but no clue how old he was when i purchased him ive tested and everything seems to be doing okay, any idea how long i should wait before getting a new fish? Thanks for the help
If you wash the tank out and set it back up, you can add fish in a couple of days. However, some people like to wait a while before getting another pet, the choice is yours. :)

Not to be cold or flippant but it kind of tickles me how people get distraught over the untimely demise of a fish. I do too, to a point. If it's something that I think is going to be an extinction level event in my tank and I'm going to lose all my fish I do get pretty freaked. But think about this. Have you ever strolled along a creek bed or lakeshore and seen dead fish ? Yes, you have. Fish are a lower life form that number in the gillions and it is impossible that you will never lose one. Yeah it's a drag but use it as a learning tool. Figure out the reasons and be glad when it's not your favorite Betta but just one of your three hundred guppies.

Not to be cold or flippant but it kind of tickles me how people get distraught over the untimely demise of a fish. I do too, to a point. If it's something that I think is going to be an extinction level event in my tank and I'm going to lose all my fish I do get pretty freaked. But think about this. Have you ever strolled along a creek bed or lakeshore and seen dead fish ? Yes, you have. Fish are a lower life form that number in the gillions and it is impossible that you will never lose one. Yeah it's a drag but use it as a learning tool. Figure out the reasons and be glad when it's not your favorite Betta but just one of your three hundred guppies.
People used to do that on an old fish forum I was on. They made a post were everyone felt sorry for them, and then the next day, they were out getting new fish. (Which in turn died very soon)

——-

@Vbetta56, I suggest you take down the whole tank, so you can properly clean everything. I always burry all of my fish, because I feel it’s the right thing to do. Don’t every flush any fish.

I totally and 100% agree with @PheonixKingZ . Don't ever flush a dead fish. Ever. Put them in your garden or flowerbeds and return them to the circle of life. This was a creature you loved and that gave you pleasure. Don't let its final resting place be among feces and household chemicals.
yeah i was planning on it definitely not flushing him thanks for the advice

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back